sister in law [thai] visiting uk covid test at airport ?

hello,

my sister in law is traveling to the uk on the 29/01/2022 via zurich with swiss airways.

she is fully vaccinated and has her thai covid certificate, has a day 2 covid test booked for when she arrives in the uk and

i have filled out the passenger locater forms for both the uk and switzerland which is all is required for the destinations she will be transiting [zurich] 

and finishing [uk].

after speaking to some random "travel companion" she met on a facebook group shes now under the impression she needs a test before she can even board a flight from thailand to the uk even though its not stated as such on the uk and swiss goverment websites...

has anyone any idea on this or has recent experience ?

thanks in advance

There is often a problem with taking advice from a random person on a Facebook group regarding the vaccination and/or the testing requirements for any destination or transit country, though it could be argued that the same applies to this forum.

As she is travelling before 11 February, as you say she is fully vaccinated and has booked her test following arrival, so meets the requirements.

I'm not sure if Swiss Airlines have a testing requirement of their own prior to travel. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

She does not need a test for UK

She will need to take a Day 2 test as the rules do not change until 04.00 11th Feb. She will also need to have completed a Passenger Locator Form.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19#check-if-you-qualify-as-fully-vaccinated

3 hours ago, worrab said:

She will need to take a Day 2 test as the rules do not change until 04.00 11th Feb. She will also need to have completed a Passenger Locator Form.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19#check-if-you-qualify-as-fully-vaccinated

Thanks for your input, the OP has already confirmed that his Sister in Law is fully vaccinated, has the day two test booked and has already completed the Passenger Location Form.

He confirmed all this in his opening post.

17 hours ago, Homburg said:

She should verify the requirements with the airline. On a recent trip I found that the testing & vax requirement was checked by the airline at check-in but there were no checks on landing in UK.

Just because you weren't asked to hand over printouts doesn't mean there was no check.  It's all done via the PLF submission.