Waiting on a pension application answer from the UK

itsari

I called the UK pension office today after having waited in vain for an answer since June  2021 . I learnt the application was still waiting to be processed . 

The application was sent from Thailand . 

Are there other British Citizens out there in the same situation ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I sent my application end of March last year , with my retirement date being May ,it was August before I got a reply ,looking at the uk post date from one letter ,it took  over one month to get here .

It is also like frangs over here complain about Thai immigration ,finding they have not given  them all the  information  they need .

When I did my uk application I spent a long time on the internet ,finding long forgotten  post codes from past uk addresses ,the things I required from the uk divorce papers, birth certificate ,from here my Thai wive's photo copy of her ID card ,my Thai driving licences with my Thai address on, it went on and on .

Like they say if you do not give them what they need, they will be delays, did you . 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

None of that nonsense required if you claim to be in the Uk and fill in the online form (UK VPN required).

I take it that you have not lived in the uk for a long time ,like me,but if you claim to be in the UK you must prove it ,do you have a UK address  ,and a  utility bill with your name on it  where you have been living  for the past 6 months ,they will need it .

I tried to register in the UK online but their system would not let me ,and I registered over 10 years ago ,reason to get  a regular pension forecast .when the time come that said no.

That was why I had to do it from here ,just last week I am trying to get my own  company pension sorted out ,same problem must be in the uk ,I think ? have done it from here, that took a day trip to Bangkok just to get my Thai ID card translated in to English a then officially stamped .plus my  Thai DL .they wanted a Thai utility bill with my name on it ,I said everything is in my Thai wives name ,I think that will a problem .

UK bureaucracy is almost now on par with Thailand ,a lot to do with money landering ,as you know I am El Kickstart the Colubian drud barron ,trying to hide my illgotten gains .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

I take it that you have not lived in the uk for a long time ,like me,but if you claim to be in the UK you must prove it ,do you have a UK address  ,and a  utility bill with your name on it  where you have been living  for the past 6 months ,they will need it .

I tried to register in the UK online but their system would not let me ,and I registered over 10 years ago ,reason to get  a regular pension forecast .when the time come that said no.

That was why I had to do it from here ,just last week I am trying to get my own  company pension sorted out ,same problem must be in the uk ,I think ? have done it from here, that took a day trip to Bangkok just to get my Thai ID card translated in to English a then officially stamped .plus my  Thai DL .they wanted a Thai utility bill with my name on it ,I said everything is in my Thai wives name ,I think that will a problem .

UK bureaucracy is almost now on par with Thailand ,a lot to do with money landering ,as you know I am El Kickstart the Colubian drud barron ,trying to hide my illgotten gains .

Same with me for the company pension, and the state pension.

I just use my last address in the UK, nobody actually checks anything in person.

Credit check (for identity by company pension) 12 years after I lived there, all still worked.

Nobody ever updates their records, unless you tell them different, they just do online checks.

Get yourself a VPN, VeePN works, set it to the UK, no charge, then all the government sites work properly.

Get yourself a UK phone number with Skype, $22 for 3 months, $10 for 400 minutes call time, you can call them, they can call you. It's well worth the $80/year, banks, phone banking, pensions, tax, passport renewal, driving license renewal, NI all works as if you never left.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Delay probably due to all staff "working" from home

Claimants from abroad are taking longer to process say the DWP .

One report was expect 22 weeks

In my case it is now 26 weeks and still nothing has happened .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, itsari said:

I called the UK pension office today after having waited in vain for an answer since June  2021 . I learnt the application was still waiting to be processed . 

The application was sent from Thailand . 

Are there other British Citizens out there in the same situation ?

I'm in a similar situation. I originally contacted the IPC by telephone in mid August 2021 (pension due November 2021). I called them on Dec 1st to check on progress, only to find that there was no record of my claim. What the ferk? I then gave all the details again to the guy I was speaking to and he said he would try to expedite my claim, in view of the circumstances, and told me to call back at the end of January if I had heard nothing. I called them yesterday (27th Jan) on Skype. The lady told me that my claim was waiting to be processed. She confirmed that everything was in order and also quoted a delay of 26 weeks. She said she would put me on some other "priority" queue to try and expedite my claim. I think this was just some BS to fob me off. They said they would email me with any progress....waiting with baited breath.

• Thanks 2