Rumour of Bomb At Carrefour

JuniorExPat

I have not seen this mentioned in any media but I find it hard to believe that Mrs JxP's jungle telegraph could have got this one so very wrong!

Apparently a bomb went off at Carrefour on Saturday causing multiple deaths and injuries and the reason for no media coverage is to prevent panic 'boycotting' of Carrefour and Lotus!

Has anyone heard similar or should I get my family's water supply checked for hallucinogenics?

JxP

Don't be silly OP.. These rumours come up very regularly; if something really went off then you'd know about it! In the meantime, you're not helping by spreading it around further through your post.

Propose to remove this topic; anyone in doubt, or thinking to post something like this in the future: Please just pop over to Carrefour first and realize that if a bomb goes off it's not a matter of a bunch of aunties with brooms mopping everything up without disrupting the croissant supply.

Please.

Edited by chanchao

Don't be silly OP.. These rumours come up very regularly; if something really went off then you'd know about it! In the meantime, you're not helping by spreading it around further through your post.

Propose to remove this topic; anyone in doubt, or thinking to post something like this in the future: Please just pop over to Carrefour first and realize that if a bomb goes off it's not a matter of a bunch of aunties with brooms mopping everything up without disrupting the croissant supply.

Please.

Chanchao - please reread my post and try to find anything that suggests I am spreading a rumour rather than asking a question with my tongue firmly panted in my cheek.

I have to assume that you rolled out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

JxP

There have been a lot of stories like this going around over the last few years, but I can't remember one that ever turned out to be true. :o

Absolutely right, these rumours do seem to have become a regular thing over the last few years and I guess my point really is - Why? What's the basis for these rumours.

I seem to remember that maybe 6 or 7 years ago there really was a bomb or two set off in a Lotus in BKK, something to do with the small shop holders militant action group or whatever but where do our current CNX rumours start up?

JxP

Jxp, just to confirm its a rumour. Been there saturday, been there yesterday. nothing suggests anything that might have happened. go get your carrefour bread while its still hot ! :o

Thanks for the confirmation tigerbeer, croissant crisis averted, delicatessen disaster avoided!

Were there any

aunties with brooms mopping everything up without disrupting the croissant supply
?

JxP

My topic title has been changed from 'Rumour of Bomb At Carrefour, Rumour or reality?' to 'Rumour of Bomb At Carrefour, Not true - No bomb', presumably by one of the omnipotent omniscient ones (admins/moderators).

Am I being petty to feel p!ssed off about this?

JxP :o

My topic title has been changed from 'Rumour of Bomb At Carrefour, Rumour or reality?' to 'Rumour of Bomb At Carrefour, Not true - No bomb', presumably by one of the omnipotent omniscient ones (admins/moderators).

Changed from speculations, of the kind we really don't need around here, to stating facts.

IMHO yes.

JxP :D

IMHO yes.

Seconded, petty indeed!! Take it like a man! You can do it! :o

Edited by Blinky Bill

Sorry, didn't want to imply you were intentionally rumour-mongering of course. Mentioning it is de-facto spreading it, but on the other hand, if nobody ever posted somethign they heard then nobody would ever learn of any new events; I realize there's a dilemma there. With this specific rumour though 'Bomb at XYZ' it's been posted SO many times that I intended to make future rumour-receivers-and-passers-on consider to pause and think for a second or three.

Especially if you plan on phrasing it complete with a conspiracy theory bolted on and everything:

" Apparently a bomb went off at Carrefour on Saturday causing multiple deaths and injuries and the reason for no media coverage is to prevent panic 'boycotting' of Carrefour and Lotus! "

Then by post #5 this gets transformed into:

"Absolutely right, these rumours do seem to have become a regular thing over the last few years and I guess my point really is - Why? What's the basis for these rumours."

So, my point was that whenever anyone at some point in the future hears their hairdresser say 'Bomb at Major Cineplex!' or some such, then I think it's better to start with the second variety of doubting the rumor, or better still, give them a call which will clarify things in 10 seconds, about the same time it takes to go online and write a post.

Oh and of course it's good to change the topic (sub)title; saves a lot of people of wading through empty rumours, which I think is a good thing.

Edited by chanchao

Same rumor in Dec last year, supposedly heard on a CM radio station by a Thai friend- "Bomb goes off at Tesco-Lotus by Airport! One Farang killed, several injured", etc. Went by there the next day as I was in the neighborhood. No yellow tape, shattered glass, or blood-streaked sidewalks.....

:o

Same rumor in Dec last year, supposedly heard on a CM radio station by a Thai friend- "Bomb goes off at Tesco-Lotus by Airport! One Farang killed, several injured", etc. Went by there the next day as I was in the neighborhood. No yellow tape, shattered glass, or blood-streaked sidewalks.....

:D

they have a great clean up crew these days dont they :o

:D

they have a great clean up crew these days dont they :o

Looks that way - including on TV :D

:o

thats when i wanted to have dinner at sizzler's airport plaza and they didnt let me in cause they said some bomb went off at tesco's and they have to clean up and close as soon as possible. i called on the manager and told her that she and her staff too lazy to work. :D

just got back from carrefour. utter carnage beyond the fruit & veg section. body parts all over. i suspect islamic terrorists as the local pig population seems to have been targeted.

Who rattled your cage and took you off gardening duty?! :D

just got back from carrefour. utter carnage beyond the fruit & veg section. body parts all over. i suspect islamic terrorists as the local pig population seems to have been targeted.

looks like work of professionals. the ground pork was minced well.

There have been a lot of stories like this going around over the last few years, but I can't remember one that ever turned out to be true. :o

I do not understand also where these ghost stories come from.My mother in law also telephones us last year that she had heard this thing,and asked us to be precautious...........It really is a strange pfenomenon.