hydrocele

JGV

anyone know where i can get a simple aspiration procedure for hydrocele that isn't going to cost a huge amount of cash - thai private hospitals seem determined to match exorbitant us prices for a simple 25 minute out patient procedure

i am near pattaya but pattaya bangkok hospital want 2000 baht for an initial consultation and didn't say in correspondence whether this procedure was available - expensive surgery is but for a non life threatening problem i am not keen on anyone making cuts in my sctotum and giving me a huge bill for my pain john

local hospitals preferred - banglamung,chonburi - sirikit already saw me and said surgery only - a dreadful experience with a doctor hungry for cash but not into patient requests and walked off when i asked for a copy of the estimated cost john

Doctors at Queen Sirikit are on a flat salary and do not gain financially by recommending one procedure over another so that was not the reason for your experience there. More likely the doctor had no experience with aspiration and sclerotherapy. I doubt it will be any different with any other government hospital in the Pattaya area.

It almost never works to try to email or call Thai  hospitals to find out if a procedure is available, these inquiries go to clerks with no medical background, no understanding of what procedure you  are asking about  and the most you will get is "have to consult doctor" for which they will quote the maximum possible price.

Most hydroceles in adults will disappear spontaneously, how long has yours been there? Is it symptomatic?

Have you already been tested for underlying causes such as  infection, inguinal hernia, testicular cancer? As that is the first step.

This doctor at Bkk Pattaya can do aspiration if he thinks you are a candidate for it. Be aware that incidence of recurrence is much higher with aspiration than with surgery. Also I am not sure of his availability as he also works at Royal Hospital in Phnom Penh - but you can call and ask if/when he is there

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/doctor-profile?v_id=421&depid=28

• Like 2