Can anyone recommend a place that serves chicken fried steak?

Heng

Woke up with a craving.   Willing to drive within a 2 hour radius of Bangkok or Chonburi.    Other province suggestions welcome for future reference.  Ideally it would be served in the kind of place that also serves mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, biscuits with country style gravy, etc.   

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

What is a chicken fried steak? Are we talking schnitzel style? Or just the meat shallow fried? I'm sure most Thai restaurants could whip you up one of them.

The mac n cheese or mash might require a place that does western food though.

33 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

What is a chicken fried steak?

Chicken-fried steak is a dish in which a cut of beef, usually thin and selected from the round, is breaded and fried. (Occasionally, some restaurants have also cooked a cut of pork.) The method of preparation is similar to that of fried chicken, which explains the name.

https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/chicken-fried-steak

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malathione said:

Dunno if the OP is from Texas but having tried the Bourbon Street version, I found it to be lacking. Yeah, perhaps good enough to take the edge off a particular hankering but disappointing.

Austin hill country.   Yeah, I doubt it'll be what I want but better than nothing... jetting off back home to get some Luby's or Lone Star Cafe just isn't practical.    ????   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heng said:

Austin hill country.   Yeah, I doubt it'll be what I want but better than nothing... jetting off back home to get some Luby's or Lone Star Cafe just isn't practical.    ????   

Brings back memories of 2222 and the Lone Star Cafe on S. Lamar. Haven't been to that part of Texas for a while now. Yeah, Bourbon St. takes the edge off.

• Like 1