Spot ATK test at CW

I went Friday afternoon for my retirement extension. First table they gave me a form to fill out asking if I had been jabbed, etc. etc. Had I been tested in the last 72 hrs? Left that blank. Next table I hand in the form and the guy looks it over and asks if I had been tested. No. You need to be tested now. Shoot. He walks me over to a nurses station to the side of the area. The test takes 5 mins. and thankfully negative.

Just a headsup. You might want to budget a delay in case of testing. I was the only one in line for the test Friday but if there's more people it could easily be 30 mins.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

So what triggered the need for test? 

Anything in your answers or just a random decision..

I was thinking exactly that. I am not sure. I doubt it was anything in my answers, all innocuous - twice jabbed, no unsafe travel, blah blah. So random I guess.

Scared the ell out of me though as I was already late for my appointment. That's why the post. A line of people for a test could even mean an hour.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Why Me said:

That's why the post. A line of people for a test could even mean an hour

Thanks for the heads up.

Personally I like things a bit more certain.

For example now to get onto Koh Samet you need an ATK.

At least you know where you stand.

By the sound of it your answers seem to indicate that your test was a random.

Anyway good folks are aware. 

I did warn about it. Last week, there was no nurse station as far as I could see. So, people were getting turned away. But they were letting vaccinated people in if you could show proof of vaccination.

Best thing is to take a test they day before and bring it with you.

It is making the trip to immigration way more unpleasant than it used to be, if that is even possible..

I was advised by Thai Elite that I need an proof on an ATK result to enter Chaeng Wattana Government Building (Immigratoin Division 1) with or without proof of vaccination. 

Sufficient proof was a photo of a recent ATK with your name and date written on the test.

Meanwhile others have reported that an proof of a negative ATK is not required if you have proof of vaccination. 

Others have reported that no one checks anyway !!

I suspect what’s official and what really happens is quite different. I also suspect Thai Elite may have covering their bases (backsides) ensuring everyone has a test, then they can’t be turned away. 

Best advice IMO - do a self ATK the day before, take a photo... No biggie.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was advised by Thai Elite that I need an proof on an ATK result to enter Chaeng Wattana Government Building (Immigratoin Division 1) with or without proof of vaccination. 

Sufficient proof was a photo of a recent ATK with your name and date written on the test.

Meanwhile others have reported that an proof of a negative ATK is not required if you have proof of vaccination. 

Others have reported that no one checks anyway !!

I suspect what’s official and what really happens is quite different. I also suspect Thai Elite may have covering their bases (backsides) ensuring everyone has a test, then they can’t be turned away. 

Best advice IMO - do a self ATK the day before, take a photo... No biggie.

Agreed, better play it safe.

Most of the reports I've read on FB say that those who check unvaccinated get an ATK test - assuming they don't already have proof of an acceptable test.

The OP's report seems to indicate that there are other factors - not just vaccination status, travel/family history that influence the Screener's options.

Will wait to see other similar reports.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1247025-all-visitors-at-the-immigration-bureau-chaeng-wattana-immigration-office-are-required-to-present-proof-of-negative-atk-test/page/2/#elControls_17132494_menu

Edited by mtls2005