Type O Retirement Visa - 65k/month Voucher

I live far from embassies and consulates, so (for logistical reasons) it would be more convenient for me to get a voucher (proving my monthly income) from the US consulate in C.Mai - 3 to 4 months in advance to the time I would actually show it to Imm authorities. Does anyone know if that's too long of a delay (from the time its issued - to the time its shown)? thanks in advance.

As I use the same letter year after year (I give them a photocopy and, if asked, sight of the original) I assume that you can get it a few months early.

The only limit I have heard of is the passport number on the letter must match your new passport number?

I live far from embassies and consulates, so (for logistical reasons) it would be more convenient for me to get a voucher (proving my monthly income) from the US consulate in C.Mai - 3 to 4 months in advance to the time I would actually show it to Imm authorities. Does anyone know if that's too long of a delay (from the time its issued - to the time its shown)? thanks in advance.

I'm living in CMai and just went to get my first OA retirement visa. I don't have to show the monthy income, just that I have 800K in the bank. I had the bankbook and a letter from the bank stating the amount (same as the bankbook amount), but I was 30 days early for getting the OA visa. He immig officer told me I would have to get a new letter from the bank (not over 7 days old). Not same situation as yours, but thought I'd offer this up.

Methinks it varies from office to office, and from officer to officer in a given office. (Why should it be different from any other Immigration issue? <g>)

e.g When I applied for my retirement extension in Pattaya, I presented the original of the Embassy letter with two copies. They kept the original. Other folks getting their retirement extension say the officer at Pattaya returned the original to them, telling them to keep it for next year.

:D Well, I'm not sure if there is a definate answer to that question. Like many things in Thailand and the immigration, it depends on the person who is reviewing the application, I suppose. If that person likes you, and feels your not trying to pull something on him/her, it might pass if it's 3 or 4 months old. If not, they might question it.

As a practical matter, I would make it as close to the application date as possible, even if that is a little inconvenent for you. Better to be safe than sorry. Don't give the immigration an excuse to cause you problems if for some reason they don't like you or you just catch the immigration official on a bad day.

:o

Edited by IMA_FARANG