Korat governor bans the burning of stubble in fields to stem dust pollution - but it's being ignored

webfact

8pm1.jpg

Picture: INN

The governor of Nakhon Ratchasima province has issued an anti-burning order that should be music to the ears of spluttering residents in the north eastern Thai province.

If farmers followed suit. 

Wichian Jantharanothai has issued an order banning the burning of stubble in paddy fields, sugar cane growing areas and other agricultural areas in a bid to lessen the effects of PM2.5 particulate matter in the air.

He has recognised that such burning is a major contributory factor to the annual cool season pollution that causes respiratory conditions and other health problems.

Kamnans and phoo yai ban have been mobilized to advise about the order. 

However INN reported that the ban was being widely flouted with one 50 rai area burning away as normal. 

INN didn't mention any activity from the police in their report. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-01-31

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 3

Yada yada yada yada yada - and no enforcement.
Government officials should stop adding to the hot, polluted air problem halting their annual spewing of trite pablum, nothing-burgers, and pronouncements that of no effect on the behavior of locals. 

The fields / land are registered. Easy to trace the owner of the fields and arrest them. The truth is the police are scared of farmers and what they may do to them. 

As I write this post I am surrounded by burning / smoldering fields most days. Locals moan but nothing is ever done. The village heads are only fit for getting drunk all day and do very little to help people EXCEPT start their very loud infernal Molam music and speeches at 5.30 am through very poor quality Tannoy speakers.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

It could. The land that the fires are on will belong to someone.  That person should be fined for allowing fires on their land. 

Of course. But that never, ever happens. The police know they get paid anyway, whether they work and enforce the law or not.

• Like 2

Governor: "Farmers, I command you to Stop!"

Farmers: "Stupid man. We're farmers. We didn't vote for you. Kiss our butts."

Governor: "Police, I command you to make the farmers obey my command!"

Police: Stupid man. They're farmers. They live miles from our office. They have sharp weapons. Too dangerous."

Governor: Army, I command you to make the police, make the farmers obey my command!"

Army: "Kiss my butt. Leave them alone. They're farmers."

Governor: "Voters, vote for me and I will stop the corruption from high government and fix the education system."

????

16 hours ago, jdlhalliday said:

The fields / land are registered. Easy to trace the owner of the fields and arrest them. The truth is the police are scared of farmers and what they may do to them. 

As I write this post I am surrounded by burning / smoldering fields most days. Locals moan but nothing is ever done. The village heads are only fit for getting drunk all day and do very little to help people EXCEPT start their very loud infernal Molam music and speeches at 5.30 am through very poor quality Tannoy speakers.  

some good fact's there mate very true