BRITISH AIRWAYS Have they cancelled all flights from Thailand? Is there any way I can use my voucher from Here?

Have they cancelled all flights from Thailand? Is there any way I can use my voucher from Here?

I cancelled my flight to the UK on March 2020, and got a voucher. 

I tried to get a refund but they refused, which is fair enough as I cancelled. 

I want to go to Scotland via Italy. Is the only way I can do it to get another airline from Thailand then on to Europe?

Yes, they announced the cancellation a while back until around September or October IIRC.  Try making a booking on their site and see what alternatives they offer.

From the UK they seem to be offering Qatar Airways flights via Doha.  If you book these as BA codeshares I expect the voucher would be acccepted.  Italy to Scotland may be offered if you try it but may substantially increase the price and might be better booked seperately.

BA website says you need to call them to use a voucher with a journey starting in Thailand.  I think that would be my first move.

Telephone:

001 800 4415 906 -
(Toll free, only available within Thailand)

Telephone:

(+66) 02 014 7499 - (General Sales Agent, service fee applies)

Monday - Friday: 08:30-17:00

Address

British Airways General Sales Agent (service fee applies)
18th Floor, Charn Issara Tower 1,
942/157 Rama IV Road,
Suriyawongse
Bangrak
Bangkok 10500

Customer:
[email protected]

• Like 1

That voucher is now valid until September 2023.  BA will also let you go back for around the same prices as there direct fares via Hong Kong, connecting from Cathay Pacific from BKK or via their partner airlines via Singapore.  You'll have to ring them up and ask.  I would suggest to avoid the air passenger tax is to fly out from Inverness (new rail station being built next to the airport), whenever you want to come back.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, treetops said:

Yes, they announced the cancellation a while back until around September or October IIRC.  Try making a booking on their site and see what alternatives they offer.

From the UK they seem to be offering Qatar Airways flights via Doha.  If you book these as BA codeshares I expect the voucher would be acccepted.  Italy to Scotland may be offered if you try it but may substantially increase the price and might be better booked seperately.

Seems strange.... According to FlightRadar24, BA10 seems to be a frequent flier from BKK to LHR as per data below

Untitled.jpg.ca32a2fb828fa2e7b77fa2f4b7783404.jpg

• Like 1

@007 REDI think the flights shown could well be cargo flights, maybe they use the BA10 flight number to retain their slots.

I've certainly seen an aircraft at Suvarnabhumi with the BA livery fairly recently.

Flight cancelled

We’re very sorry, this flight has been cancelled.

• Your re-booking and refund options are shown in Manage My Booking.
  • You can go to Help in disruption for telephone numbers and useful information about cancellations and baggage problems.

Bangkok

Heathrow

Airline: British Airways
Terminal: --
Local time: 10:10 Tue 1 Feb
Scheduled departure: 23:30 Mon 31 Jan
Cancelled
Terminal: 5
Local time: 03:10 Tue 1 Feb
Scheduled arrival: 05:30 Tue 1 Feb
Cancelled
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

@007 REDI think the flights shown could well be cargo flights, maybe they use the BA10 flight number to retain their slots.

I've certainly seen an aircraft at Suvarnabhumi with the BA livery fairly recently.

Flight cancelled

We’re very sorry, this flight has been cancelled.

• Your re-booking and refund options are shown in Manage My Booking.
  • You can go to Help in disruption for telephone numbers and useful information about cancellations and baggage problems.

Bangkok

Heathrow

Terminal: --
Local time: 10:10 Tue 1 Feb
Scheduled departure: 23:30 Mon 31 Jan
Cancelled
Terminal: 5
Local time: 03:10 Tue 1 Feb
Scheduled arrival: 05:30 Tue 1 Feb
Cancelled

Friend is a BA captain- only cargo flights indeed.

2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Friend is a BA captain- only cargo flights indeed.

That IS Correct,....But as someone else suggested why not go via Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong & Jump onto the BA Flights ( Think there are 4 /5 Everyday )Direct into Heathrow......Or SQ To SIN Then BA From SIN-LHR Direct...( 2 A Day )....

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 7:44 AM, Nong Khai Man said:

That IS Correct,....But as someone else suggested why not go via Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong & Jump onto the BA Flights ( Think there are 4 /5 Everyday )Direct into Heathrow......Or SQ To SIN Then BA From SIN-LHR Direct...( 2 A Day )....

BA flights between Heathrow and Hong Kong are not operating either.  And SIN is down to four a week currently (BA12).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-30/british-airways-scraps-hong-kong-flights-until-march-on-virus

• Like 1

15 hours ago, treetops said:

BA flights between Heathrow and Hong Kong are not operating either.  And SIN is down to four a week currently (BA12).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-30/british-airways-scraps-hong-kong-flights-until-march-on-virus

Yep, Just checked on Flightradar.com & I See you are Correct re; HKG Flights,But I Noticed that the TG 910 Is Operating Everyday so maybe the OP Could ask for a Refund on his Voucher then Book on that flight....Just Sayin '

• 2 weeks later...

I accepted a voucher for my BA flights in 2020, and the expiry date has now been extended a second time to April 2023.  I'm still not sure I will want to use it by then, so might request a refund instead.  Has anyone successfully received a refund from BA for Covid cancelled flights, after previously accepting a refund?