COVID-19: Thailand reports 7,422 new coronavirus cases, 12 deaths, 8,715 recoveries

webfact

COV1.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Tuesday (February 1) reported 7,422 new COVID-19 cases, 8,715 recoveries and 12 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Infections outside prisons: 7,161. Prisons: 261

▶︎ Recoveries: 8,715

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,447,964 with 22,185 deaths.

The news comes as COVID-19 vaccination started for children aged 5-11 years at the Queen Sirikit National Institute of Child Health and parents brought their children there for the inoculation.

The vaccinated children are those who suffer seven kinds of illnesses and thus will be vulnerable to severe symptoms or even fatality if they are infected with COVID-19. Their illnesses are obesity, chronic respiratory diseases, cardiovascular diseases, chronic kidney diseases, cancer with weak immunity, genetic disorders and Down’s syndrome.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update1FEB).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-01

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

During the month of January, the CCSA reported 475 Covid-19 related deaths, an average of 15 deaths per day. In completely unrelated news, 1,334 people died in road accidents during the same period, which is an average of 43 deaths per day.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1488327209152815104

Welcome to Thailand:

Test & Go visitors must make two hotel bookings

BANGKOK: Visitors who arrive by air under the Test & Go programme, which resumes today (Feb 1), will have to book hotel accommodation twice for two mandatory COVID-19 tests, and comply with disease controls, or face legal action, a government spokesman said yesterday.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/test-go-visitors-must-make-two-hotel-bookings-82928.php

Does anyone believe Thailand's reported case numbers?  I hardly look at them any more as they have zero credibility since omicron hit and reported daily cases hardly moved.  Despite the hard work put in BkkBrian, anchadian and others, interest in this daily thread has dried up. So I assume others feel the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

Does anyone believe Thailand's reported case numbers?  I hardly look at them any more as they have zero credibility since omicron hit and reported daily cases hardly moved.  Despite the hard work put in BkkBrian, anchadian and others, interest in this daily thread has dried up. So I assume others feel the same. 

Why do I post daily updated covid-19 infections when I don't believe them?  Good question.

Agree this thread has 'dried up'.

RIP......for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Why do I post daily updated covid-19 infections when I don't believe them?  Good question.

Agree this thread has 'dried up'.

RIP......for now.

No criticism of you and Bkk Brian.  You have done a great job. There was always a problem that the government kept testing to a bare minimum to save money and to keep reported cases down but people were much more likely to present themselves for testing when they were frightened of alpha, delta and the original variant and had less access to vaccines or only the now useless China vaccines.  Now government proactive testing has shrunk to negligible levels and people are less scared of omicron and they have access to ATK tests.  Probably most cases are now unreported, unless someone gets seriously ill and needs medical help. People who don't get sick pay like taxi drivers, market vendors etc, don't want to go into isolation if they are mildly symptomatic or asymptomatic and will probably carry on with their jobs if not feeling too awful. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

How do you explain the low number of deaths then? If there were really 10's of thousands of cases a day, why is the death rate only 10-15 a day?? So you don't believe the death count either?

6 minutes ago, DavisH said:

How do you explain the low number of deaths then? If there were really 10's of thousands of cases a day, why is the death rate only 10-15 a day?? So you don't believe the death count either?

Quite simply, omicron is now dominant and much less likely to be fatal than delta. The vaccines are very effective at preventing transmission and serious illness for delta in particular and very effective at preventing serious illness from omicron. So, a highly vaccinated population can have large numbers of infections and relatively few deaths.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Do all deaths have to be certified by a doctor? I believe not so if someone falls ill and dies out in the sticks who certifies it, let alone connect it with covid.

Why are the excess deaths way above the official covid deaths. This was discussed yesterday on this thread.

Edited by Petey11
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Maybe it’s just not that deadly?

Thailand reports 8,587 new COVID-19 cases, 22 deaths, 8,485 recoveries

COV2.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Wednesday (February 2) reported 8,587 new COVID-19 cases, 8,485 recoveries and 22 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1248807-thailand-reports-8587-new-covid-19-cases-22-deaths-8485-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin