Health guidelines for visiting Thailand’s national parks

webfact

I wonder if they will sell ATK's at the park's entrance?

Could be a good money spinner. 70 Baht for Thai's (or Asian foreigners that look a bit Thai), 700 Baht for white foreigners.

If anyone complains, just tell them they aren't overcharging white foreigners. Thai's (or Thai looking Asians) are simply getting a 90% discount ????.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I've heard a lot of nonsense over the last two years but this takes the proverbial biscuit.

I throw up my hands. That's it. I will not take part in this collective insanity. I resign from the human race.

I just throw up. Pathetic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I wonder how many of us avoid like the plague anywhere where there is a likelihood of being tested and banged up in an expensive quarantine facility?

'Likelihood.'..... has that happened to a single person yet or are we scare mongering?

Have they got military or police types on hand already, cuffs and Hazmat  suits? 

24 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

I guess you're one of the collective I'm resigning from.

Just out of interest. How do you justify this policy and the paranoia, mass hysteria, and pathological insecurity that underlies it?

Obviously you misunderstood me. British humour and sarcasm is not everyone's cup of tea.????

2 weeks ago we visited 3 national parks in one day. I think all related as only paid in the first and then just handed the tickets over at the next 2, as per usual it was 40 baht for my lady, 30 baht for the car and 200 baht for me. Anyway, I wind down the car window at all the entrance kiosks with no face mask at all 3 and not a single word of complaint  from anyone. At one my Thai lady had to get out of the car and register and take a temperature check but no request for me to do the same nor were we asked to take any other sort of test although signs above the kiosks in both Thai and English said we should. On walking around inside the parks I was always the only falang and all were quite busy and I would say that 75%+ of all the visitors were maskless including 3 monks on a sightseeing trip and enjoying their day out. And I for one who does have breathing difficulties with wearing one was totally relieved at being able to walk around without one and actually enjoy myself. 

Don’t do this, don’t do that. 
Do this, do that. 
Fill out this form, fill out that. 
Test this, test that. 
Bring this, bring that. 
Don’t use this sunblock, use that. 
etc

etc

etc

Strike a light, what ever happened to good old laidback Thailand?
Rhetorical!

7 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

'Financial health guidelines' would make more sense...

I stopped going to them when the parks dept started charging several times the Thai price for the privileged of paying and treating my Thai nieces and nephews to a day out. I certainly didn't begrudge paying for them. It was always a pleasure for me to take the kids on trips, but it's the principle of the thing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I wonder how many of us avoid like the plague anywhere where there is a likelihood of being tested and banged up in an expensive quarantine facility?

Me!