Elite Visa Insurance Requirements

A man that i meet a few weeks ago now lies in a public hospital in ko samui after suffering a stroke.  He is conscious but is unable to communicate with me.  I am in contact with his daughter and we are trying to find out if he has insurance and with who.

Is it possible he entered the country in Oct 2021 without insurance?

If insurance was required how would we go about finding his policy? online? agent?

Any and all help in this situation would be appreciated.  Including how to deal with hospitals and getting him to a private hospital and perhaps a suggestion for which one.  Much gratitude in advance…

Insurance is not required to apply for a a Thai Elite visa and none is provided with it.

He probably only got the covid 19 insurance required to enter the country when he arrived in October of last year. He might of gotten a year of it but not much help for anything else than covid 19 unless he bought a the full medical insurance then.

50 minutes ago, simon43 said:

So important to carry your passport AND insurance documents with you at all times

Is that serious.

Think most folk have a screenshot of pp or even photocopy.

Don't know anyone who actually carry it around with them.

• Like 1

Can you check his purse? I carry insurance card in my wallet. Many ppl do. The daughter shld be able to search through documents at home if he still has a home in his native country.

Access to his computer? Ppl buy insurance online. There may be a reference.

good suggestions, thank you… we have gathered most of his stuff now and have access to everything except his phone and laptop.  his vaccination card shows that he was due for his booster (according to the CDC) do you know if thailand also requires a booster to be fully vaccinated? he has 2 maderna with the last one given in june 2021…

• Like 1

Can you find a copy of his CoE application?   Would have been done on-line to his local RTE.   That should have the insurance policy attached.  What he is insured fro will depend on what insuance he bought to satisfy CoE .  I entered with CoE last year and I am sure that a paper copy was needed to get on the flight.

• Like 2