Unlucky 22 countries cannot do non-b around Thailand

I think there are 22 countries that cannot get their non-b from border countries to thailand such as laos. So they need to go back to their home country and get the non-b from there. 

I couldnt find the list of these countries. If someone can post a link or info, i think will be useful 

thanks.

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

From the embassy in Kuala Lumpur website. Note there is a lot more than 20 countries on the list.

image.png.ff0b601fe65acc618741511a22204a7b.pngimage.png.a1a5d75568755994380ac54672d1fcfb.png

Source: https://kualalumpur.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/99054-listed-visa-requirements-2?page=5d75510e15e39c1e600048dc&menu=5d75510e15e39c1e600048dd

thnx

do you think you can find the same list from Laos thai embassy? i checked but couldnt find it

13 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

The site also mentions-

If they wish, they can apply for visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Kuala Lumpur. However, at least 4 weeks must be allowed for the visa applications to be processed.

yes, read that too. thnx

but im really looking for savanakhet thai embassy list. still cannot find or see it..

16 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

but im really looking for savanakhet thai embassy list. still cannot find or see it..

A one time there was list on the embassy in Vientiane website but it is gone now.

The website for the official consulate in Savannakhet does not have list that could find. 

Website for Savannakhet. https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/page/104407-applying-for-visa?menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453c 

25 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

yes, read that too. thnx

Laos is still closed to individual visitors, so depending on when you want or need to apply for a visa, a better nearby option to check out might be Phnom Penh.

They have published such lists as well, that you can find here: https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/additional-documents-required-for-citizens-from-certain-countries

Edited by Caldera

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A one time there was list on the embassy in Vientiane website but it is gone now.

The website for the official consulate in Savannakhet does not have list that could find. 

Website for Savannakhet. https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/page/104407-applying-for-visa?menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453c 

thanks again

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Laos is still closed to individual visitors, so depending on when you want or need to apply for a visa, a better nearby option to check out might be Phnom Penh.

They have published such lists as well, that you can find here: https://phnompenh.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/additional-documents-required-for-citizens-from-certain-countries

great, thanks

i will not insist because im not fully sure but i think laos is opened. Not sure can go but i think farangs can come from laos. Checked their website and it seems can come to thailand but not sure if we can go there yet or how

But it seems you are very right. it seems Phnom Penh is the best option. Because its sure they accept farangs at the moment. Need to find out how to go and what need to go there. I need to do it in coming 2-3 moths because i will have holiday for 2 months so great time to do. Also it looks like we can go to cambodia via land border and their website says all we need is to show them 3 dose of vaccines, thats all... arrival visa on land border also can.

If my country is not in that 22 country list, do you think i can get the non-b in 2 days like old time savanakhet visa?

Edited by problemfarang

52 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Also it looks like we can go to cambodia via land border and their website says all we need is to show them 3 dose of vaccines, thats all... arrival visa on land border also can.

There are no land border crossings open at this time. You can only travel by air to Phnom Penh.

Cambodia has a e visa site. https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

• Like 2

10 hours ago, problemfarang said:

If my country is not in that 22 country list, do you think i can get the non-b in 2 days like old time savanakhet visa?

I am unsure of the current situation, but visa applications in Phnom Penh in 2019 used to take several days (using an agent could shorten the time, but still typically three days, two nights).

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

I am unsure of the current situation, but visa applications in Phnom Penh in 2019 used to take several days (using an agent could shorten the time, but still typically three days, two nights).

thanks. good info. so i will plan something like 4 days. just in case. i was also thinking cannot be fast as savanakhet. But as you said because of covid, im also not sure if there are many people applying for visas there. So, yes 4 days i think great

Edited by problemfarang

On 2/6/2022 at 7:49 PM, BritTim said:

At the end of 2019, the agents did not even accept visa applications anymore, as a lot of them were denied.

4 hours ago, jethro69 said:

At the end of 2019, the agents did not even accept visa applications anymore, as a lot of them were denied.

That was for back to back tourist visa applications. I don't think it would be a problem now since most people have not been able to apply for them there for almost 2 years.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 2:17 AM, ubonjoe said:

That was for back to back tourist visa applications. I don't think it would be a problem now since most people have not been able to apply for them there for almost 2 years.

I went just through my passport which was issued in June 2017. First entry in Thailand was 26 Aug, on an 30 day exempt. Couldn't secure a METV in the consulate in my home country, because the consul was in holiday/business-trip or whatever. (Quite the joke anyways).

Left on Sep 22 on a short bike trip to Lao, returned Sep 27. Left Oct 23 for PNH. That was so far all the visa history in the passport I had, when I applied in person at the PNH Thai embassy.

I got my SETV, however with the stamp....citing:"

Future applications may be denied if there is no sufficient proof that the applicant is travelling for tourism purpose"

So I assume, two exempt entries made me back to back tourist.