Preparations Commence for Sending Thai Workers to Saudi Arabia

webfact

2 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

I don't get it... I was made to believe that Cambodians, Laotian, and Myanmar workers came to Thailand as as there was a shortage of Thai workers,, yet Thailand is sending work force to the Middle East,, the mind boggles.. 

That is how modern day slavery works.

One country exports to another either under treaties and MOU or through conditions being so bad in the their country (Mexico Latin America to USA) Myanmar to Thailand , so cycle keeps going. 

Thankfully when I worked there I was a professional with skills they required and was treated well and paid extremely well, and tax free . 

I would not go to KSA(Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).  I have lived in and worked in Kuwait for years and it was not that bad.  But KSA is whole different animal.  If one is of the Muslim faith then it might not be so bad.  Otherwise the working conditions and what you can do and most importantly what you cannot do will make it difficult to finish the employment contract. I doubt these jobs will pay very well and if you have to work outside(50 C is common and sometimes it even gets humid) it can be brutal. A better option would be in Baharain,  the UAE or even Oman.   The worst job for a foreign female is a maid or nanny in a private residence.  The Middle East is the only place in the world where they sell refrigerators with locks on them.  It is to prevent domestic staff from taking food without the consent of the house Madam or Master.  

• Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 7:16 AM, rwill said:

Why not send the imported construction workers in Thailand over there and use Thais to do the construction here?

They want to get the job done.....no sorry, I take that back.... the drainage job round the corner from my house has been a mid construction mess for 5 or 6 months now!

8 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I think the abroad working nationals are doing this for their families and are not concerned about their nation.

Oh for heaven's sake! Of course they are doing it for their families, but the inward remittance of any money benefits the nation as well.

In just the same as our pensions do, by the way.

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Oh for heaven's sake! Of course they are doing it for their families, but the inward remittance of any money benefits the nation as well.

In just the same as our pensions do, by the way.

Of course it benefits the nation as well but not much after deduction of transport/boarding/lodging because nothing is free in Saudi Arabia.

Not my pension by the way.

16 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Of course it benefits the nation as well but not much after deduction of transport/boarding/lodging because nothing is free in Saudi Arabia.

Not my pension by the way.

I got free lodging and free transport when I was working there and free air tickets as well. but you're obviously determined to have the last word. Have it with pleasure ????

Edited by Moonlover

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I got free lodging and free transport when I was working there and free air tickets as well. but you're obviously determined to have the last word. Have it with pleasure ????

But you were probably working for a western company because I have experienced different.

They make the "cheap labour" pay for everything.

12 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

But you were probably working for a western company because I have experienced different.

They make the "cheap labour" pay for everything.

It also depends on the "role/profession/qualifications of the empolyee.

Companies , government agencies, rather indiviual employers have different conditions as we know.

Health care roles I am aware had good conditions and pay. 

These poor sods are on a road to indentured slavery by the government

• Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 10:58 AM, DefaultName said:

Please will someone warn them never to give up their passports.

I really don't understand this obsession with giving up the passport. Everybody has to do it, from the toilet cleaner to the company CFO. And what would you do with it if you had your passport in your possession? You can't leave legally without the government exit stamp. Don't even try to swim to Sudan or Egypt, and if you cross illegally across the desert to the other neighboring countries, it doesn't matter if you have your passport or not.