2011 Ford Ranger Wildtrack needs repair in Bangkok

thaisail

Can anyone recommend a Ford dealer for service in Bangkok near Bang Na? It looks like I have to replace the valve cover gasket on my 2011 2.5 liter engine and yesterday the radio died so I may need a new radio. This is the last year if the old style Ranger just before they started building the All New Ranger in 2012. Has 180,000 Km and now more than 12 years old. This will be the first major repair since purchased new in Phuket in 2012.

We are going on a visa run to Cambodia today for a 5 day trip and I want a reputable garage that can get me the truck fixed and ready to make the long trip back to Loei after we finish the Test and Go and Test and Go Again in Bangkok. We can go anywhere in the Bangkok area to find the best Ford Ranger mechanic in the area. It doesn't have to be a Ford dealer garage but has to have a qualified and reputable Ford Ranger service mechanic. But it has to be TODAY!

On 2/7/2022 at 6:55 AM, thaisail said:

...qualified and reputable Ford Ranger service mechanic...

Hard to find a shop that specializes in old Ford's even without your severe time constraints.

Google search "mechanic bang na bangkok" will give you about half a dozen to choose from. A lot of them cite 7 years trading and have at least 1 five-star rating.

A valve cover gasket replacement doesn't require any specialized mechanical knowledge. Ask the shop to give you a quote with a repair warranty. You may get 30 days but 3-months would be a bonus.

The radio may have to be sourced at a wreckers or breakers yard?

Agree that you should avoid the dealerships.

Good luck with the visa run.

13.79925  100.71298   085 142 3159 ... this guy is a real expert on Mazda and Ford and not expensive ... only problem is that he doesn't speak much english.

Used him a few times when we had the Mazda Lantis. Its in Minburi

Maybe 30kms away from where you are but maybe useful for others