Areas outside of Lower Sukhumvit / Sathorn

itsallmedia

I've been living in Lower Suk (soi 4 - 39) for 6 years and a year in Sathorn/Silom area. Recently moved to Hua Hin and started traveling all around Thailand heavily during the pandemic.

I want to setup a new home base in Bangkok as Hua Hin has no airport and it's a long commute back/forth to BKK from here. Looking for a new area that has things to do with newer condos and not stuck in heavy traffic (I heard Ladprao has a ton of traffic). I'm not opposed to going very far outside of Bangkok either as I speak Thai well enough to get about.

Looking for any suggestions, thanks!

You ever try living in the pleonchit/siam area? 

That's where I choose to live in Bangkok and it is perfect, although I'm not sure if the traffic is "heavy" most of the days, not too much traffic but on weekends there's usually more. 

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

You ever try living in the pleonchit/siam area? 

That's where I choose to live in Bangkok and it is perfect, although I'm not sure if the traffic is "heavy" most of the days, not too much traffic but on weekends there's usually more. 

I did actually at Noble Ploenchit - it was great because it was connected to the BTS but I want to be away from that entire area as if it's a new Bangkok almost. I work from home so have no need to be in one particular area and don't really go out partying heavy anymore.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, itsallmedia said:

I did actually at Noble Ploenchit - it was great because it was connected to the BTS but I want to be away from that entire area as if it's a new Bangkok almost. I work from home so have no need to be in one particular area and don't really go out partying heavy anymore.

How did you like sathorn/silom compared to Ploenchit? 

Curious as I am in the same boat, work from home, don't party

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

How did you like sathorn/silom compared to Ploenchit? 

Curious as I am in the same boat, work from home, don't party

Sathorn was a nightmare for traffic and being there recently, traffic situation hasn't change but would definitely recommend to stay near the BTS. It's nice but the malls near by besides icon etc don't have as much to offer compared to Sukhumvit in my opinion.

Really enjoyed Ploenchit, especially inside noble as it was extremely easy to get around with a lot of more choice of things if I did need to quickly run an errand etc. I preferred Ploenchit over Sathorn personally. Just way more things overall in every aspect up there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

West side of the River...Thonburi...Near Talat Phlu BTS some great new buildings...even further west toward Bang Wa (both MRT/BTS) available same station. Another bonus...much easier to get out of town to Hua Hin from there. 

The only caveat there has been a major construction (2 1/2 years) in front of Mall Thaphra (Talat Phlu) but that will end soon and then traffic will be much better.

• 3 weeks later...