Police check

Apologises, wasn't sure which forum to post this in. I need an FBI check completed and need the police in bkk to take my fingerprints. Can this be done at any station or is the there a central place it needs to be done? I don't need them to do any checks just check and sign my FBI card, I'm based in saphun Sung. 

Thanks. 

In Bangkok the best to the fingerprints done is at the police clearance office. Info can be found on their website here. https://pcscenter.sbpolice.go.th/en

Have you gotten the  fingerprint cards from the US embassy. Info here: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/fingerprint-cards/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

In Bangkok the best to the fingerprints done is at the police clearance office. Info can be found on their website here. https://pcscenter.sbpolice.go.th/en

Have you gotten the  fingerprint cards from the US embassy. Info here: https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/fingerprint-cards/

Yes, I have the card already, thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that a police check for Thailand is needed to teach grades K-12 but that a foreign does not need a police check to teach at a university.  Can anyone confirm this with a credible online source link? Do you need a masters or phd to teach at a university in Thailand, is the pay better?

If true, is the police check needed for the initial Non-Immigrant B (NIB) visa, the extension of stay stamp that you get after the NIB, or the work permit?

Did someone actually ask you for it ?   I have brought the fbi card to just the regular police station, they were happy to do it for free,  just bring them some fruit or snacks. I have done it on more than one occasion at different police stations for use in other Countries. 

13 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Did someone actually ask you for it ?   I have brought the fbi card to just the regular police station, they were happy to do it for free,  just bring them some fruit or snacks. I have done it on more than one occasion at different police stations for use in other Countries. 

I followed Ubonjoe's advice and went to the main screening centre with my FBI card, they did it free of charge and I was in and out in a few minutes.

33 minutes ago, thaitom said:

Only the Police Clearance Center it mentioned ot the US embassy website. https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/fingerprint-cards/

18 hours ago, guyfromtheweb2 said:

I was told that a police check for Thailand is needed to teach grades K-12 but that a foreign does not need a police check to teach at a university.  Can anyone confirm this with a credible online source link? Do you need a masters or phd to teach at a university in Thailand, is the pay better?

If true, is the police check needed for the initial Non-Immigrant B (NIB) visa, the extension of stay stamp that you get after the NIB, or the work permit?

Is anyone able to answer my question?

36 minutes ago, guyfromtheweb2 said:

Is anyone able to answer my question?

19 hours ago, guyfromtheweb2 said:

The education ministry requires a police clearance for teaching in grades from k to 12.

Whether it is needed to apply for a non-b visa depends upon where you apply for it.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The education ministry requires a police clearance for teaching in grades from k to 12.

Whether it is needed to apply for a non-b visa depends upon where you apply for it.

Thank you, ubonjoe.  I was trying to find some online Thai government website, such as the Thailand Education Ministry, that states a police check is needed to teach grades K-12, but could not find it.  Do you have the source?  This implies that university teachers/professors/lecturers do not need a police check, correct?

I did some research and most people I know did not need the police check for their initial 90-day NIB visa, but needed it sometime thereafter during their process of getting an extension stamp, work permit, and/or just teaching at a K-12 school.  I just don't remember for which part of the process the police check was explicitly needed.

12 minutes ago, guyfromtheweb2 said:

Do you have the source?  This implies that university teachers/professors/lecturers do not need a police check, correct?

i have no source for it. I can only confirm what people posting on this forum about needing a police clearance.

I do know that it is not required for teaching at the a university.

A police clearance is not required to apply for a non-b visa at immigration. See: https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/2-อาจารย์-รหัสB.pdf

In the past (pre covid) at some nearby embassies and consulate a Thai police clearance was needed. And in Penang they wanted one from your home country.