Appliance Adapters Not Available In Pattaya...

Weho

I have several small appliances that have those round plugs, with two prongs, and a hole where the third "ground" prong should be... I couldn't find any adapter in pattaya... I went everywhere. I thought maybe someone would sell like a single prong, that simply fits in the plug... but they don't...

It's important to "ground" appliances... if you touch the metal on some small appliances that are NOT grounded, you can feel electricity on your finger, fingers, hand, or whereever you touch the ungrounded appliances.

FINALLY, on a recent trip to Bangkok, I found the proper adapter. They had them at Central Chit Lom, upstairs in the lightbulb department, I think 5th or sixth floor... They are 59 baht, and they are found, and sort of fit OVER your existing plug for the small appliances... such a simple concent, so inexpensive, and NOT available in Pattaya.

They sell TONS of small appliances that need to be grounded, yet they make it almost impossible in Pattaya to ground them... before I found these adapters, I had an electrician cut off the plugs, and fit the cords with 3 prong plugs I purchased in Amerigay.

The brand is WONPRO, which they sell all over Pattaya, but NOT this kind of adapter.

Presumably, other Central stores in Bangkok sell them too... if someone knows if these ARE available in the local Pattaya area, that would be useful to know.

and your assuming that when you plug it in , it's now grounded ??

snap

You are right to mention that, but I know that the home IS grounded... with the adapter, no more electricity feel when I touch an appliance... and I had the appliance on one of those strip plugs, and even with the individual plug turned OFF, you could STILL feel the electric, pre-adapter (pre grounding)...

I'm told many homes that are thought to be grounded, are in fact NOT... I would suggest people make sure they know...