Visa Transfer Letter

On the Visa transfer letter for Immigration to transfer your visa info into a renewed passport there are two blanks for the date on which you entered Thailand and another where it says, "he/she was issued with ........... visa". What information is required for these two fields?

Is it the date of your original entry to Thailand or the date of your most recent entry? For the second blank, what visa information do they require? Is it the type of visa (e.g. O, O-A etc) or visa number or what?

Any guidance would be gratefully received.

(Mods: I wasn't sure where best to post this so I posted it both here and in the Consular Q&A section. Please feel free to delete it from the inappropriate location).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

3 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

I had to do that recently. It is the date of your most recent entry to Thailand and whatever visa you entered on (even if it was a few visits ago) and are currently on.

Yes, can confirm those are the correct answers.  In my case, I got four stamps made on the first 2 pages of my new passport as a result of the transfer from the old to new passport.

1) a stamp indicating that my previous passport was my old passport number
2) a stamp indicating the visa (only one I ever had) i used to enter Thailand 9 years ago.
3) a stamp indicating that I have a retirement extension of stay and the date to which that stay remains valid.
4) a stamp indicating when I last entered Thailand (on a Re-entry permit).

So, they want to know on the form the date of your most recent entry into Thailand (item 4 above) and the last visa you used to enter Thailand (item 2 above).  The reason you are being asked those two specific questions is so that they can produce the proper stamps for your new passport.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all who responded. I did the visa info transfer at Hua Hin Immigration this morning. It all went off incredibly smoothly and easily - although to be fair I've never had anything but entirely pleasant experiences there.

The whole process took no more than twenty minutes from start to finish.

Interestingly enough, given the experience of the one person who posted about how this went in Chiang Mai recently, they only needed copies of the relevant pages from my old passport, not all of them, so only about five pages in all.

One of the good things about Hua Hin Immigration is that there's a "copy lady" downstairs who knows exactly what copies and supporting documents are required for any given process so once she's checked everything, put the package together and sends you on your way, you never get sent back for not having the correct papers.

• Like 1