What would you choose ?

I've never driven an Accord, but I have driven a CRV quite a bit. The CRV is ok and I like the higher driving position. The CRV is easy to drive and it has decent acceleration for use about town in Bangkok. There is plenty of space to fit luggage/cargo, which is handy.

I'm not sure I would want to do a lot of long distance driving in it though.

7 minutes ago, blackcab said:

I've never driven an Accord, but I have driven a CRV quite a bit. The CRV is ok and I like the higher driving position. The CRV is easy to drive and it has decent acceleration for use about town in Bangkok. There is plenty of space to fit luggage/cargo, which is handy.

I'm not sure I would want to do a lot of long distance driving in it though.

Thanks for your opinion, being a short <deleted> the higher driving position leans me towards the CRV but currently not available as Hybrid which leans me towards the Accord.

Don't do many long trips, mostly daily commute around the outskirts of BKK, but i do like Golf and DIY so storage space is a consideration.

2 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Thanks for your opinion, being a short <deleted> the higher driving position leans me towards the CRV but currently not available as Hybrid which leans me towards the Accord.

Don't do many long trips, mostly daily commute around the outskirts of BKK, but i do like Golf and DIY so storage space is a consideration.

I occasionally drive a Volvo XC90 hybrid. The hybrid engine is very nice, but to be honest the battery lasts for something like 30 kilometres. It's like the hybrid engine is more of a gimmick than anything else.

What's the range of the Accord electric engine?

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

I occasionally drive a Volvo XC90 hybrid. The hybrid engine is very nice, but to be honest the battery lasts for something like 30 kilometres. It's like the hybrid engine is more of a gimmick than anything else.

What's the range of the Accord electric engine?

Google tells me 47kms, so in reality just a gimmick similar to the Volvo.

6 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Google tells me 47kms, so in reality just a gimmick similar to the Volvo.

As you know, in the real world you won't get 47kms.

Where the electric engine is nice is when you are stuck in traffic. The engine isn't running and you can inch forward using electric power, which is nice.

I don't know about the Accord, but the CRV runs just fine on E20. Current cost to fill up a nearly empty tank with E20 is 1,800 baht.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

I'd choose the accord Longer, wider and lower.

Top speed of 241kmh (CRV 192kmh) means it'll smash out the km's on the highways and motorways just nicely.

241 km/h accord lol....no not Thai spec. crv is about 204km/h for the thai version

9 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

I have a diesel crv. There may be a hybrid later this year, but more likely next year, they way things are going. I like the ride height, space, fuel economy (average 15-16km/l in Nonthaburi mainly) and comfort, and don't worry about flooded roads so much in it. The accord woudl be the choice then, but it's lower to the ground. 

• Thanks 1

My wife drives my car, so the extra height for visibility is a big consideration. Also have 5 people in the house, so the CRV would win again there for me.

If you actually like driving and there's only you to consider, I'd probably go for the Accord though.

10 hours ago, Woof999 said:

My wife drives my car, so the extra height for visibility is a big consideration. Also have 5 people in the house, so the CRV would win again there for me.

If you actually like driving and there's only you to consider, I'd probably go for the Accord though.

There is the family to consider which has me leaning towards the CRV, however it's quite an old spec now compared to the relatively new Accord.

Can't decide so just gonna visit a couple of showrooms and test drive both.

10 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

There is the family to consider which has me leaning towards the CRV, however it's quite an old spec now compared to the relatively new Accord.

Can't decide so just gonna visit a couple of showrooms and test drive both.

In that case let the family make the decision. You can't be blamed for making the wrong choice then ????

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah I can only go on what google tells me, what is the top speed ?

Top speed is locked on Thai hondas. Top speed is locked at 200km/h on the turbo accord. My old civic was locked at 208km/h. Unlocked, the new civic turbo can exceed 240-250km/h.