Visions of Sugar Plums and the Heart of Darkness?

GammaGlobulin

My Dear Friends,

Most guys, one might imagine, imagine coming to Thailand for the purpose of sampling sugar plums, one after the next, and almost for free, or at least, this seems to be their ultimate goal.

They seek candy they cannot find in countries they come from.

Maybe they think that women they once knew were too hard, or to dried up, or just not like the low-hanging exotic fruit they saw painted by Paul Gauguin. And, they imagine, wrongly, that they will be able to easily pluck this fruit, without paying a cost.  Little do they know that there is always a cost, and that this cost might turn out to be more than they can pay.

Their Prime Directive in coming to Thailand is to find suppleness which might bend to their will, young things willing to give them endless massages, and just love them to death, something which, unfortunately, occasionally happens, indeed.

But this is only the case of most guys.

I cannot speak for others’ motivations.

All that I can tell you is that I came here because Conrad told me to come, at age 13, and for no other reason.

Speaking of the heart of darkness, or even a total apocalypse, you can probably find your sorrow in the bars of Pattaya, as I have recently learned from listening to one of my favorite YouTubers, one who reads interesting stories about Crash and Burn accounts sent to him from regretful souls, those who finally learned a good lesson the hard way.

I just wish to mention that this YouTuber seems to put out some interesting content, just a bit more meaty than most YouTubers in Thailand. 

Well, anyway, this YouTuber is no spring chicken.  And, I doff my cap to this guy, for working very hard in order to put out some content which is somewhat riveting, at times.

His Crash and Burn stories that he reads are ultimately entertaining, because, these stories ring so true.

You know, since first coming to Thailand, I have never set foot, nor toe, in a Thailand bar. And, neither have I had a massage of any sort.

For me, the pain of it is not worth it.

What I prefer, instead, is to rely on my memories for stimulation and entertainment.

Of course, Conrad is an amazing author.  And, as you know, reading Conrad can only be done when one is 13, or 14.  I mean, one cannot read Conrad after this age, simply because so much is lost in the translation, especially the true impact of Conrad’s stories.

So, anyway, how much low-hanging fruit are you enjoying these days?

And, is the low-hanging fruit measuring up to your expectations, or not?

I know that most of you are interested.

Best to you,

Glob

Note: Be wary of the heart of darkness that some will encounter when they seek what should not be sought.  My best advice:  Take care.

Edited by GammaGlobulin