Police investigating after wife of top German defender Mats Hummels reportedly attacked and robbed while in Phuket

webfact

I can see some new TAT tourism campaigns coming out of this incident:

1.  Visit sunny Thailand, and you'll always leave a part of yourself behind!

2.  Visit sunny Thailand, we'll treat you just like a celebrity!

Edited by Iron Tongue

Attack on German soccer star's wife actually took place in Phang Nga NOT Phuket - Big Joke getting involved

1A1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that the attack and robbery of the wife of German football superstar Mats Hummels took place not in Phuket but on the beach in neighboring Phang Nga.

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1249946-attack-on-german-soccer-stars-wife-actually-took-place-in-phang-nga-not-phuket-big-joke-getting-involved/

14 hours ago, connda said:

I think the problem here is that so many business that supported the lower and middle classes have been shut down and permanently shutter.  I have three personal friends (Thais) who have been put out of business over the last year.
So - people get desperate as well as extremely frustrated. 
The frustration than materializes as violence, and given foreigners perceived economic status - that frustration finds an outlet by committing violent acts against foreigners. 
It's sad.  But the Thai government keeps their foot on the neck of many businesses like bars, pubs, and night-time entertainment venues which employed millions.  People feel helpless and farangs take the brunt.  And there is more and more Thai and Thai violence to boot from what I can see every time I pass my wife's TV.  :sad:

Yep. It does not seem to be improving, on any level, except for the super rich and the crocodiles. 

The nightlife sabotage appears to be deliberate. It seems to be a bizarre kind of "purification campaign", designed by guys who see themselves as morally righteous (talk about delusion) and desperately want Thailand to be the next Monaco. Hah. If only they had even a short glimpse into truth and reality.