Covid extension - come back in 15 days...

9 minutes ago, jimn said:

What is all this "under consideration" all about. I have heard about it regarding extensions of stay based on retirement/marriage as well. Never occurs in Jomtien you apply one day and get the extension the next.

Many offices give under consideration stamp for covid extension as per the OP.

Under consideration also given for annual extensions based on marriage. The paperwork forwarded to another office. 

Standard procedure. 

12 minutes ago, jimn said:

What is all this "under consideration" all about. I have heard about it regarding extensions of stay based on retirement/marriage as well. Never occurs in Jomtien you apply one day and get the extension the next.

The under consideration period is a standard procedure for extension based upon marriage. They have to be approved at the division level of immitarion.

Some office have gotten permission from the division level to approve the 60 day covid 19 extensions without a need for their approval for each application.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Many offices give under consideration stamp for covid extension as per the OP.

Under consideration also given for annual extensions based on marriage. The paperwork forwarded to another office. 

Standard procedure. 

Yes I know what it is, but why do they do it. CW does it and this is probably the biggest office. Is it something to do with volumes that they cant deal with requests as they come in?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The under consideration period is a standard procedure for extension based upon marriage. They have to be approved at the division level of immitarion.

Some office have gotten permission from the division level to approve the 60 day covid 19 extensions without a need for their approval for each application.

Thanks UJ but why do offices like Jomtien approve retirement extensions almost immediately, no under consideration there.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, jimn said:

Thanks UJ but why do offices like Jomtien approve retirement extensions almost immediately, no under consideration there.

Extensions based upon retirement do not require approval at the division level of immigration.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Extensions based upon retirement do not require approval at the division level of immigration.

Ok thanks I thought I read that at CW retirement extensions were placed under a consideration period as well, maybe that was marriage extensions.