How Pareploy Saeaia became an advert for women’s self-defense training in Thailand

webfact

4CD9BDBC-883D-4B5D-A0AB-D264F1D95536.jpg

Pareploy Saeaia has become a testament to the power of female martial arts, after the clip of her tackling a guy who poured water over her head because she spurned his advances went viral.  

The vengeful wooer quickly discovered he’d picked the wrong victim at a roadside eatery when Pareploy unleashed her Muay Thai expertise to pound him with a series of kicks and punches.

The clip was uploaded to her Facebook on February 8 soon after the event, as the fitness trainer and martial-arts teacher wanted to send a message that abusive behavior towards women will not be tolerated.

“If a woman does not want to clink glasses with you, it’s her right,” said Pareploy. “You have no right to pour water over her.”

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/how-pareploy-saeaia-became-an-advert-for-womens-self-defense-training-in-thailand/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-02-11

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

So, now this event has become an advertisement for boxing lessons from this woman??? Seems the people at the beginning who suspected it all might be a publicity stunt were on to something.

Excellent PR/Marketing for her courses... onlt cost 1,000 baht.

why let a damp situation stand in the way of increased business.

Good for her.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The clip was uploaded to her Facebook on February 8 soon after the event, as the fitness trainer and martial-arts teacher wanted to send a message that abusive behavior towards women will not be tolerated.

Fair play to you Pareploy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

I seen the video, he didn't get pounded.  Looked like a draw to me.  He actually walked away from her, or at least tried to. It was a glass of water, I've had worse done to me over Songkran.  

Not comparable, during songkran you can expect to get wet. Not during a night out not that way. But i read it was beer or alcohol.  

1 minute ago, robblok said:

To be honest, its nice for woman to learn to fight but in most cases they won't win. Sure if a woman is well trained then it could happen but someone just taking a few classes. I doubt it.

Most men who attack women are cowards and bullies and back down quick..Many Thai bar girls are tougher and stronger than the customers and braver and more resolute.

• Like 1