RT PCR for Emirates flight home

geisha

Hi, don’t know if I’m on the right place, but reckon a good few will read this. I’ll be flying back to Paris , transit Dubai, with Emirates from Bangkok. I’ve read that transiting passengers do not need a RT PCR unless their destination ( Paris)  needs it. Which it does not. I’m not quite sure if I’m understanding rightly the rules as it doesn’t seem very clear. My transit will be 2 hours +.Tried to contact emirates and it’s very difficult. Any one have any ideas ? I’ll be pushed for time in Bangkok as I won’t have much time there. All info welcome. Thanks.

im a French resident. 

My son flew back to the US on Emirates last month with a few hours in the airport in Dubai between flights. We looked into this at the time and the only requirement stated was to meet the testing requirement of the final destination.

This still seems to be the case according to the Emirates website.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.02.42.png

• Thanks 2

Interesting.................according to the Emirates website

COVID-19 testing requirements

Green countries(Opens an external website in a new tab)

All passengers above 12 years old, must take a COVID‑19 PCR or antigen test less than 48 hours before departure.

https://www.emirates.com/th/english/help/covid-19/travel-requirements-by-destination/

• Like 1

thaiflyer1 , that bit got me too. But I am a full French resident and they do no longer require PCR for entry. .There are also new reports coming out that the government relaxed restrictions in the last few days. Very difficult to get real up to date requirements everywhere. I’ve also asked though Dubai to confirm.

1 hour ago, geisha said:

thaiflyer1 , that bit got me too. But I am a full French resident and they do no longer require PCR for entry. .There are also new reports coming out that the government relaxed restrictions in the last few days. Very difficult to get real up to date requirements everywhere. I’ve also asked though Dubai to confirm.

I understand Paris no longer require the test, but do you need it to board the aircraft regardless of where you are heading?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

My son flew back to the US on Emirates last month with a few hours in the airport in Dubai between flights. We looked into this at the time and the only requirement stated was to meet the testing requirement of the final destination.

This still seems to be the case according to the Emirates website.

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.02.42.png

Excellent, thanks.

• Confused 1

My wife just booked a return flight London-Dubai-BKK with Emirates.

We know we need one on the way out for Thailand, but not on the return to UK.

It's down to the final destination:

https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/help/covid-19/dubai-travel-requirements/tourists/

Before you travel

Transiting passengers are not required to present a COVID 19‑PCR test certificate unless it is mandated by their final destination.

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I understand Paris no longer require the test, but do you need it to board the aircraft regardless of where you are heading?

Hi ,not from reading the website.  You do need one if you stopover in Dubai, but not for transit passengers. 

• Like 1

no any tests on emirates if transiting through.

if dubai is departing port you need test - that's the quotation somebody posted above concerns.

emirates has the lightest covid restrictions. Other airlines will follow the lead, but takes time, especially as national airlines are dependent of their government regulations

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1