Thaievisa.go.th for 90 day Non-O

Couple of questions regarding getting this non-o based on marriage through the e-visa site. 

Early in the process on the site it asks for flight details. Due to the nature of my work, it’s not possible to book tickets 15 days out. I’d need to buy refundable tickets to apply for the visa, then once the visa is obtained, refund the flights. Then once my travel date is confirmed, buy new tickets for the Thailand pass system. 

Is the above statement ok to do? Or is the visa itself completely tied to the flights booked and used to apply for the visa itself on the evisa website? 

Another question, the visa is a single entry Non-O for 90 days. How long is the visa itself valid for? 1 year? 6 months? 3 months? Need to know this so I know how far out I can apply for the evisa. It it’s valid for a year then I’ll apply for it as soon as I leave Thailand. If it’s only 3 months then I’ve got to pay attention to the timing and apply in such a manner that I arrive before the visa validity expires. 

Lastly, the Thailand pass and Thailand e visa are separate entities right? I can get the visa on one set of tickets, then apply for Thailand pass on another set of tickets and this is ok right? 

I really want to get the non-o AND THEN book the real flights for the Thailand pass. 

otherwise if I’ve got to use the same flights for both the e visa AND Thailand pass, this becomes impossible. I would then have to come to Thailand on 30 day exempt then apply for a non-o in country which is a massive pain in the ass and ultimately what I’m trying to avoid. 

Any advice or answers very much appreciated. 

Your visa will not be tied to any tickets. If you need tickets to complete the application process just "rent" some at onwardticket.com or similar. Cost is next to nothing.

Seriously, what is the reason behind this requirement anyway? Are they worried people will apply for visas and not travel to Thailand? Talk about creating solutions for problems that don't exist ????

Edited by MajorTom
tpo
  • Like 1

What about the validity length of the visa? Is it one year like normal with the 90 clock starting the day you stamp in? 

Other than the flight booking requirement, this is the second important question. If its good for a year then Ill use my second passport and apply right now, but if not, then I need to know..... 

@ubonjoe

I just want to confirm that I can use any ole refundable ticket to obtain the e-visa, then once obtained, refund the ticket and then once Im actually ready to travel and apply for the Thailand Pass, buy the necessary flights. Obviously these flights would be completely different than the ones used for the e-visa, both in airline and date. 

Second question, since ill be going on a 90 day Non-O, will I be required to show proof of onward travel? The airlines have been seriously cracking down on this in my experience thus far. 

12 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

What about the validity length of the visa? Is it one year like normal with the 90 clock starting the day you stamp in? 

The non-o visa will allow one 90 day entry for 3 months from the day it is issued. They do not issue multiple entry non-o visas.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The non-o visa will allow one 90 day entry for 3 months from the day it is issued. They do not issue multiple entry non-o visas.

What about this question, which is kinda important to me and im struggling to find a firm answer:

4 hours ago, Leveraged said:

I just want to confirm that I can use any ole refundable ticket to obtain the e-visa, then once obtained, refund the ticket and then once Im actually ready to travel and apply for the Thailand Pass, buy the necessary flights. Obviously these flights would be completely different than the ones used for the e-visa, both in airline and date. 

Second question, since ill be going on a 90 day Non-O, will I be required to show proof of onward travel? The airlines have been seriously cracking down on this in my experience thus far. 

6 hours ago, MajorTom said:

onwardticket.com

Pretty cool site right there, but are you actually booked on a flight or is it just a "dummy ticket" with no actual booking? 

My employer issued me a ticket to thailand last time and used a "dummy ticket" for the return leg, as proof of onward travel, and the airline actually held me up and called around to confirm if this was a real booked ticket. They found out it wasn't and I had to buy  a legitimate ticket standing right at the check in counter or they wouldnt let me board the flight. 

Might be ok for the visa application though. 

38 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

Pretty cool site right there, but are you actually booked on a flight or is it just a "dummy ticket" with no actual booking? 

My employer issued me a ticket to thailand last time and used a "dummy ticket" for the return leg, as proof of onward travel, and the airline actually held me up and called around to confirm if this was a real booked ticket. They found out it wasn't and I had to buy  a legitimate ticket standing right at the check in counter or they wouldnt let me board the flight. 

Might be ok for the visa application though. 

Its an actual ticket with a certain validity. I think default is one week. You can log in to the airline website and check/manage booking, but you will never be able to fly with it. Longer validity costs extra. Just make sure its still valid on the day you need to use it for whatever proof.

I used them back when there was still ASQ/COE, worked perfect.

To answer your original query. Yes the e- visa site asks for a flight number and estimated arrival and departure dates for this marriage based 90 day non O. 

I simply looked up a flight on Thai as it happens, noted it's number it and then put it and the date in the e- visa application. I did not book it.

The system was pretty easy to use.

I got the visa after a wait of about 15 days. Only then did I do some research on flights and booked a flight with KLM as much cheaper and due to circumstances on a different date too.

I had no problems with this at any stage of my journey, not even at Suvarnabhumi Immigration. I was simply stamped in for 90 days, the stamp endorsed in manuscript " e-visa".

As an aside it would now be fantastic if Immigration here could extend this online system to applying for extensions in country. No doubt expecting far too much there. For a start thy wouldn't have the pleasure of making us jump through a few hoops and it would put far too many IOs out of work but could reduce the number of dodgy applications getting through with a little grease ( not sure if that would be good or bad). Agents would no doubt adapt anyway.