Current Going Taxi Rate

jaideeguy

It's been years since I made the trip and I'm sure it has gone up....but how much for flat rate trip including tolls???

I know I'm not exactly answering your question, but if economics are a concern, (they may be to some who read this), best bet is to get a taxi to/from Don Muang to Mo Chit (northern) bus station, (which is semi-air conditioned inside), probably about 70 baht, THEN get on the bus to Pattaya (5 am to 9 PM), 95 baht one way. Then negotiate with a baht bus driver to your Pattaya destination (100-160 average in town). Or if you're going right to beach road, I think they only charge 20 baht to get on with strangers... but you may have to wait for them to fill the baht bus up.

I think a taxi meter is about 1,200 baht, including tolls, but I'm only about 80% confident of that price.

If two or more are traveling, proably best to pay the 1,200 baht for the taxi.

I'm going to try to read your mind: you bought a ticket on some cheap airline out of Don Muang airport, and you saved 300 baht over what Thai Airways or Air Asia was charging out of Suvarnabumi... and NOW all your savings are going to ground transportation. Better next time to take a flight from Suvarnabumi, and use the 112 baht bus from Pattaya nonstop to the new airport, leaves six times a day. Very reliable service... a great value.

It's been years since I made the trip and I'm sure it has gone up....but how much for flat rate trip including tolls???

Since its been years, Are you sure you will be arriving at Don Muang, or will you be coming in at the new Airport..?

Its very easy to get the 106 baht bus to Pattaya if you come in at the new airport :o

Yea, I'm comming in at the old airport [domestic flight]. I don't wanna go to mo chit and then take a bhatt bus. i just want to get off the plane and catch a cab...unless there is a bus leaving directly to p-town.

I know I'm not exactly answering your question, but if economics are a concern, (they may be to some who read this), best bet is to get a taxi to/from Don Muang to Mo Chit (northern) bus station, (which is semi-air conditioned inside), probably about 70 baht, THEN get on the bus to Pattaya (5 am to 9 PM), 95 baht one way. Then negotiate with a baht bus driver to your Pattaya destination (100-160 average in town). Or if you're going right to beach road, I think they only charge 20 baht to get on with strangers... but you may have to wait for them to fill the baht bus up.

I think a taxi meter is about 1,200 baht, including tolls, but I'm only about 80% confident of that price.

If two or more are traveling, proably best to pay the 1,200 baht for the taxi.

I'm going to try to read your mind: you bought a ticket on some cheap airline out of Don Muang airport, and you saved 300 baht over what Thai Airways or Air Asia was charging out of Suvarnabumi... and NOW all your savings are going to ground transportation. Better next time to take a flight from Suvarnabumi, and use the 112 baht bus from Pattaya nonstop to the new airport, leaves six times a day. Very reliable service... a great value.

Great post weho but correct me if im wrong but havent you just been robbed by a bus coming from bkk to pattaya !!!!

1,200 should cover it. I paid 1050 last week from Pattaya to the new airport.

If you have a hotel in Pattaya, you can probably ask them to arrange a taxi pickup for you for 1200-1500 baht, that way the driver is waiting for you and it saves a bit of time.

There is one other possibility, again, probably not for those with "deep pockets", but it may come in handy one day for someone:

You could take the city bus #555 directly from Don Muang Airport directly to the New Suvarnabumi airport... THEN catch the bus from there, six times a day to Pattaya...

If you took a taxi from Don Muang to Pattaya, I believe you would have to pass by the new airport anyway, so it's basically "on the way"...

And did you see the article in yesterday's Bangkok Post (new smaller edition), that the buses to/from the airports are almost all LOSING money? They need to generate revenue of 8,000 baht per bus per day, and most of the bus routes to/from the airport are getting about 30% LESS than that... not one route was making their target goal of daily profit...

Edited by Weho

Yea, comming in on a domestic flight and most domestic flights arrive/depart out of the old airport. A few TG flights still use the new airport, but all the budget airlines use Don Muang [much easier to pronounce than 'sulumfeghrti#%buri].

Yea, I'm comming in at the old airport [domestic flight]. I don't wanna go to mo chit and then take a bhatt bus. i just want to get off the plane and catch a cab...unless there is a bus leaving directly to p-town.
Go to departures upstairs, wait for a cab to drop someone off, offer him 1000 baht ,he will probably try to bump you to 12 or 14, go to walk away, he will probably call you back and say ok plus highway charge,. you may have to try a couple, but and i stress but, tell him you want to go all the way in that car, not a changeover to a pile that will do 50kmh all the way to save on fuel ,i have done it dozens of times,

I normally pay 1200 baht from departures upstairs, just hop into the first empty cab that stares at you. Journey from new airport takes approx 90 mins, and is nearly all on the motorway.

Leaving Pattaya going back to airport seems to cost 800-900 baht !!!