Wrong date on 90 day report chit

This is going to be interesting, after just checking the chit in my pp, just noticed I’m overdue on the report date as I’d mentally approximated 90 days from last visit without checking the chit earlier. They’ve given me an 80 day report date. I’ll go in day after tomorrow and see if I have to pay up or not.

Edited by lemonjelly

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Did they perhaps process your 90 day report 10 days early?  Often 90 days starts from date they process if you submit early.  

I applied for non-O on 22nd Nov, received it a month later. So I’m counting from the 22nd stamp in my PP.

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Did they perhaps process your 90 day report 10 days early?  Often 90 days starts from date they process if you submit early.  

I had an agent do my first 90 report for me, and this happened to me (report was done about 12 days early).

Have to admit had I known I would have waited until nearer the due date.

1 hour ago, lemonjelly said:

I applied for non-O on 22nd Nov, received it a month later. So I’m counting from the 22nd stamp in my PP.

90 days starts on date of arrival or first extension of stay - you seem to have made a conversion from visa exempt or tourist entry to non immigrant O 90 day stay but have not obtained an extension yet?  

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

90 days starts on date of arrival or first extension of stay - you seem to have made a conversion from visa exempt or tourist entry to non immigrant O 90 day stay but have not obtained an extension yet?  

NON-O 1 year extension (2nd year) stamped from 23 November this is the first 90 day report on that extension. I think they’ve just miscalculated the date.

I think I know why this has happened. I remember having to do my 90 day report about 10 days before my last 1 year extension was due for renewal. So, it seems that the 90 day report date is still linked to the last 90 day report date, rather than being reset when I obtained new 1 year extension. 

3 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

So, it seems that the 90 day report date is still linked to the last 90 day report date, rather than being reset when I obtained new 1 year extension. 

Doing a extension of stay application does not reset your report date.

Some offices might do a report but they would put a new receipt for it in your passport 

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Doing a extension of stay application does not reset your report date.

Some offices might do a report but they would put a new receipt for it in your passport 

Yes, I was a bit confused as to why my 1 year extension is stamped 22nd November, but receipt is for 12th feb, it must be the old receipt from last 90 day report.  Oh well, I’ll go in tomorrow, might get stung for it (how much is the fine, by the way?).  That’ll teach me to not check dates on stamps. It’s my fault for being slack.

Edited by lemonjelly

33 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Yes, I was a bit confused as to why my 1 year extension is stamped 22nd November, but receipt is for 12th feb, it must be the old receipt from last 90 day report.  Oh well, I’ll go in tomorrow, might get stung for it (how much is the fine, by the way?).  That’ll teach me to not check dates on stamps. It’s my fault for being slack.

if the 90 day report was due on the 12th then you are ok with going this week ,7 days after

the fine for not reporting is 2000thb, but you should be ok

Edited by steve187
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Oh well, I’ll go in tomorrow, might get stung for it (how much is the fine, by the way?).  That’ll teach me to not check dates on stamps. It’s my fault for being slack.

If you do it on or before Friday the 18th you will not be fined for being late.

• Thanks 1

I always enter the new date in my Google calendar when I receive their confirmation plus the 15 day before and 7 day after. Thus I did my latest 90 day 15 days before and they included that in my next date giving me a 105 day date for my next report.

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 1