Pheu Thai confident it can remove Prayut Chan-ocha by May

webfact

About bloody time!  The idiot is ruining the Country, pandering billions upon billions to the Military, buying useless unnecessary equipment.  Too bad his replacement likely will be similarly a Non-Progressive with a stick up his rzz.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Willy Wombat said:

Where is that ever smiling general Apirat (spelling) ?

Surely he’s lurking in the shadows ready to pounce for king and country.

I thought he was ever crying?

I will make a most optimistic prediction. If they lose, there will never be another military coup here. Think about it. The moral authority that backed the coups in the past, is long gone. 

Nah. Won't happen. The Thai army does not have the guts for it, and the Thai soldiers, and the families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. And the Thai soldiers are not facing the level of desperation the young Burmese are. The poverty here is not as grinding as it is in Burma. I do not think it could be sustained, if the fools started it. Thailand is a very different culture than Burma, on a dozen significant levels. And the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, which were violent.

The army is in a difficult position now. If voted out, they would have to accept it. The generals would have to be content with their massive fortunes. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, 

That's true. But look at the protests in last months and years....Protesters end up in jail.

And their ideas are not backed by Thai majority. Not yet.

????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Please guys, put your heart and soul into it. And let us know where we can send donations, to support this worthy cause. This dinosaur is responsible for bringing a once powerful and relevant nation to it's knees. He is incapable and highly destructive, beyond imagination, and he must be stopped, at all costs. The army must never be allowed to rule this nation again. And without the moral authority they once gone now, it is possible they never will impose their will on the people again. Let us hope the future looks brighter than the present. 

not sure replacing him will improve anything, a bit too late

unless they bring back a real natural leader, like Thaksin ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Because the power is still in the hands of a few generals, but even that is breaking down. Prayuth and Prawit are on the way out and there is a much biggger split in the military. A lack of trust between generals from different camps (Queen's Guard vs King's Guard). Hence the changes at the top by the top. 

As to whether the protesters ideas are backed by the majority or not, I think you would agree that traditional support on the yellow side has dropped considerably. Maybe some of their ideas go against the grain, but many of them are valid demands that should be acceptable to both sides, and are far from extreme. I personally have been surprised by the number of people who I would have sworn were traditionally yellow, who have spoken out against the current regime/system. They are not youngsters either, people in the 50's, 60s and 70s. The demographic that traditionally doesn't want to see change.   

So far agreed.

However, even there would be a democratic government the system would be still the same.

(I hope you'll understand. I can't make it clearer).

So a real change is not in sight.

• Like 1