Pheu Thai confident it can remove Prayut Chan-ocha by May

webfact

Let us hope that all politicians who stole the country from the people are shown the door with a good kick in the bum on the way out. Democracy is not about perfect government. It's about letting democratically elected politicians air their opposing and frequently stupid ideas, then judging them at election time and renewing their contract for a further term or replacing them with others who are more capable.

• Like 2

Just to give a more positive spin on my T&G experience 

arrived Qatar Air early morning 5 Feb met the hazmat team as customer #3 paperwork checked in less than 5 minutes no line at immigration met my luggage coming out of the chute immediately 

I was through customs 23 minutes from exiting the aircraft and barely started scanning the hotel boards before my host grabbed me and had me in the hotel van on our way to the mobile Covid test site just outside the airport grounds.  Made it to our 1 day quarantine hotel Golden Tulip Mandison checked in slept got our 3 meals and our negative result back by 1 pm we could have left them then but chose to stay and get our moneys worth and spend the night.  Yes it was expensive 9000 baht for both of us in a larger suite but the experience was painless. We moved around Bangkok freely as we had planned to check in to Hua Hin hospital for Day 5 second test.  Just bring your pink slip from

Arrival and the Government picks up your cost.  They had it set up outside in tents.  Whole process took less than 10 minutes

I know the newer version of Test and Go requires a second hotel reservation which we didn’t need but all in all I’ve been pleased and we e been roaming steady since day 5 

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Please guys, put your heart and soul into it. And let us know where we can send donations, to support this worthy cause. This dinosaur is responsible for bringing a once powerful and relevant nation to it's knees. He is incapable and highly destructive, beyond imagination, and he must be stopped, at all costs. The army must never be allowed to rule this nation again. And without the moral authority they once gone now, it is possible they never will impose their will on the people again. Let us hope the future looks brighter than the present. 

Nice try Mike. 

But you might know as well as I do that nothing will ever come about in the spectrum of change until the influential and controlling roots of the great tree are thoroughly removed and banished. 

Speaking rhetorically about trimming a few surfaces branches, here and there, will improve the situations - it won't. The branches will work their way back, because they're nurtured to be so. 

That's been the reality that some choose to ignore for whatever reasoning that befits them.

On 2/17/2022 at 7:40 AM, huangnon said:

You'll need a whole lot of other dinosaurs to stumble into their well-appointed tar pits before any real changes get made here.

Here's hoping..????

Dinosaurs (regrettably) became extinct about 64/65 Million years ago.  The famous tard pits (eg La Brea) with the remains of vertebrate fossils (sabre-tooth tigers etc)  are very recent geologically - only  40,000 to 8,000 years !

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I will make a most optimistic prediction. If they lose, there will never be another military coup here. Think about it. The moral authority that backed the coups in the past, is long gone. 

Nah. Won't happen. The Thai army does not have the guts for it, and the Thai soldiers, and the families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. And the Thai soldiers are not facing the level of desperation the young Burmese are. The poverty here is not as grinding as it is in Burma. I do not think it could be sustained, if the fools started it. Thailand is a very different culture than Burma, on a dozen significant levels. And the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, which were violent.

The army is in a difficult position now. If voted out, they would have to accept it. The generals would have to be content with their massive fortunes. 

I hope you are right  ............

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Thaksin has been rattling around in the shrubbery again of late peering in the windows and what not, I was surprised to see him putting in a plug regarding meat hoarding by, I think, the big distributors and making the meat prices artificially high, which is actually not that helpful a comment, you can guess as much and he can't trusted to actually be confirming that, but you never know.

But yeah well, Pheu Thai, that's him innit? Will be interesting to see how he handles insinuating some sort of proxy this time. Wouldn't be his son, would it? Things are so whacky these days I would almost be not surprised if say Bill Gates backed Thaksin up to run himself as he is and suddenly Thaksin becomes untouchble or else no World Bank support!

Just don't say you didn't hear it here first on the non-existent forum piggy backing it here on this forum, "Wild Foaming At the Mouth, 3rd Eyes Blazing, Prognosticatory News and Views from the Psychedelic Troll From Betwixt the Stalks and out on the end of a twig  innis Mushroom Habitat! Skull!

Edited by Gilligan In Drag

On 2/16/2022 at 4:46 PM, RandiRona said:

May be, but there will be another General or someone similar. Democracy in Thailand isnt a short term possibility!

The general has re-written the Constitution to help keep the incumbent winning elections. No matter who is in power. Will the Puae Thai bring back the Shinowats?

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 7:47 AM, spidermike007 said:

I will make a most optimistic prediction. If they lose, there will never be another military coup here. Think about it. The moral authority that backed the coups in the past, is long gone. 

Nah. Won't happen. The Thai army does not have the guts for it, and the Thai soldiers, and the families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. And the Thai soldiers are not facing the level of desperation the young Burmese are. The poverty here is not as grinding as it is in Burma. I do not think it could be sustained, if the fools started it. Thailand is a very different culture than Burma, on a dozen significant levels. And the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, which were violent.

The army is in a difficult position now. If voted out, they would have to accept it. The generals would have to be content with their massive fortunes. 

I would disagree. They still have the ahem, moral authority, but a different one.

Send squaddies to different provinces so they won't be shooting their own families. If they still refuse to shoot, the officers shoot them.

A state of absolute terror may be needed, but I doubt the great and good would be bothered about that - 'Either we run this place or nobody does'.

And as for Chan o-cha,  That piece of filth should be in the dock at The Hague for what he has done.

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, the authority you refer to is of a different nature. 

At this point I think we would see absolute mutiny. At least, I can hope and dream of a better future for Thailand. It is going backwards at a scary pace, at the moment. 

Here's hoping you are right and I am wrong...

• Thanks 1