Visa options for previously employed.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

After you stop working your extension so stay based upon working is no longer valid and you need to have it canceled.

If you could qualify for another type of extension you could do that.

You cannot change to a tourist visa without leaving the country.

Thanks Joe.  Other than marraige, retirement, or education, would you know of any extension options?

I remember a post about a month back stating that covid is not a viable extension for those who are currently on non imm B.

Also, currently are there any land borders open?  

So is the situation basically:

Work or go back to your home country (or another place thats open)?

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated.  Was thinking on taking a bit of time off but wanted to stay in Thailand.  Seems crazy that ive been working here paying taxes, contributing to the society for 10 years, and it's:  "work or get the f out".

Guess i shouldnt be surprised.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Maxwell Greene said:

Can someone say if you are granted 7 days to leave the country after your work permit is nullified?

You work permit has nothing to do with your stay in the country.

Immigration would grant the 7 day to days to leave the country if you applied for any extension of stay after you paid the 1900 baht fee and it was denied.

• Like 1

Sorry bit of confusion on my part....

My Bangkok employer has ended my current work permit on the 28th Feb, my new employer in Phuket starts March 1st, (I need to be at phuket immigration 9am March 1st)

Basically I'm wanting to know if I need to leave the country and enter again on a different visa, or if I get the 7 days to get to phuket and start the new work permit. 

15 minutes ago, Sir Maxwell Greene said:

My Bangkok employer has ended my current work permit on the 28th Feb, my new employer in Phuket starts March 1st, (I need to be at phuket immigration 9am March 1st)

Basically I'm wanting to know if I need to leave the country and enter again on a different visa, or if I get the 7 days to get to phuket and start the new work permit. 

You need your current extension of stay based upon working has to be canceled by the office that issued it. To cancel it you will need a letter from your employer stating the day your job will end. If you go immigration before that day they will post date it do the date on the letter.

On the day it is canceled you will need to apply for a new extension of stay..

No need to leave and re-enter the country with a new visa.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 2:50 PM, michael888 said:

Thanks Joe.  Other than marraige, retirement, or education, would you know of any extension options?

I remember a post about a month back stating that covid is not a viable extension for those who are currently on non imm B.

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be appreciated.  Was thinking on taking a bit of time off but wanted to stay in Thailand.  Seems crazy that ive been working here paying taxes, contributing to the society for 10 years, and it's:  "work or get the f out".

You worked for 10 years, you could have applied for PR in the mean time, and after leaving your job would not have to go anywhere as this would have been your home...

• Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 1:50 AM, michael888 said:

Can't you go to Cambodia and come back on a TP with visa exempt or with a TV? Yes, it is kind of little expensive compared to visa runs pre-covid but the option is still possible. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Onerak said:

Can't you go to Cambodia and come back on a TP with visa exempt or with a TV? Yes, it is kind of little expensive compared to visa runs pre-covid but the option is still possible. 

Hi, not sure about that.  Is Cambodia open?  I was under the impression all land borders were still closed.  Or do you mean fly in?  Sorry, what's a TP?

12 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You worked for 10 years, you could have applied for PR in the mean time, and after leaving your job would not have to go anywhere as this would have been your home...

Sorry, what is a PR?  Permanent Resident?  Ahhh yes, good point.  Should , woulda , coulda.  

Edited by michael888

1 hour ago, michael888 said:

Hi, not sure about that.  Is Cambodia open?  I was under the impression all land borders were still closed.  Or do you mean fly in?  Sorry, what's a TP?

You can only fly into Cambodia at this time and need a Thailand Pass when returning to Thailand.