Return to Thailand insurance criteria?

Eaglekott

Hi. I plan to go to USA for a week in March, and is a bit confused about the returning rules, I live in Thailand, and they state that I must have an insurance that covers 50,000 USD my whole stay in Thailand. But since I live and work here, and has no plans to leave in the upcoming close future. How will they handle this?

My insurance I have here cover about 35,000 USD, and if I do not leave that is ok, but if I leave and come back I must raise it to 50,000?

I will also fly with JAL and they have and covid insurance included in the flight ticket that cover any covid expenses within 31 days from your first flight. Can that be used as Insurance document?

Another thing when looking at the page to apply for the Touch and go they have this line:

"Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD for medical expenses (not required for Thai nationals / foreign residents in Thailand can use social security or certificate from their employer)"

What certificate from the employer are they asking for?

4 minutes ago, Gulfsailor said:

If you are legally employed in Thailand you are enrolled in the Thai social security scheme which includes healthcare. This is sufficient for the Thai Pass. Only some teachers and company owners/directors are exempt from social security. 

Im a director and is exempt from SSO.

$50,000 insurance is ~ 3,000 baht for 30 days.

23 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

will also fly with JAL and they have and covid insurance included in the flight ticket that cover any covid expenses within 31 days from your first flight. Can that be used as Insurance document?

Thailand details here...

https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/inter/jalcoronacover/

19 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Im a director and is exempt from SSO.

Then if your private insurance does not offer the required coverage for Covid-19 you’ll have to take out an additional policy for that. It should have a duration for as long as your allowed stay in Thailand, based on your visa (exempt) or extension of stay re-entry permit. 

On 2/18/2022 at 9:01 AM, Gulfsailor said:

It should have a duration for as long as your allowed stay in Thailand, based on your visa (exempt) or extension of stay re-entry permit.

Although that is in the rules, in practice it appears that insurance for minimum 30 days is enough.