Thailand to consider cutting second COVID-19 tests on international arrivals

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unfortunately the damage has already been done with the double tap Test and Go. Its going to take a lot more than doing away with the second test now to get any good numbers of real tourists to come. What a complete mess they've made of this entry system.

Tourists Returning to Thailand Find Closed Bars, Empty Streets

The country’s attempt to jump-start tourism may be hurt by the absence of the very businesses foreign visitors come for.

Thailand’s strict travel regulations, such as requirements to take multiple Covid tests and provide proof of medical insurance with at least $50,000 coverage, will also limit the type of people who come.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-16/pandemic-has-thailand-s-tourists-returning-to-closed-bars-and-empty-streets

Just as well. 

Much more beneficial with less and less Farang monkeying around and in residences. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thaiman said:

Exactly!  Are there statistics on how many tested positive on day 5?  It would be nice to look at how many tourists got caught in this, obvious, Thai snare.

Rigth.Is a part of the scam.My incurancecompany said that THAILAND is on the top list along with USA and SPAIN.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Obviously the hospital family owners in the 1% club will convince Anutin not to scrap the 2nd test. This has been a nice little earner for their hospitals with Farang being tested +ve on the second test and running up 100K+ bills... kerching...

These little paranoid conspiracy theories are juvenile. 

Do you really think the few foreign positive Covid-19 cases forced to take Hospital Treatment and isolation even register on the financial books of hospitals and hotels which are already bustling rendering services to Thailands population ????

Go into any hospital in Thailand, private or government and its always a busy place. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

If I try to 'think like Anutin', I suspect his solution---accepting cash advice from the totally impartial airline executive---he'll likely cancel the Test on Arrival but keep the 5th day test.

The worst of both worlds.

Seems to me that the 'impartial airline executive' (major owner) Dr Tony F. is focused on anything that will help to restart his international flights with many flights to/from many countries (AirAsiaX). 

Cancellation of the 5 day test would probably help to convince international travelers to buy the X flights.

Dr Tony probably knows that folks who have used his international flights (before Covid- 19) are mostly quite impressed with the fares and the services provided. 

I flew CM to KL, 1.5 hrs lyover in their AirAsiaX lounge at KLIA then to Sydney. I couldn't fault any aspect of the whole event. Their wheelchair service (CM, KLIA & Sydney) was excellent. The meals & deserts, drinks (pre-ordered) were quite good, on time, hot, quite polite service. 

The wheelchair service at deparrue and at KLIA was planned, structured and pleasant. On arrival in Sydney it was superbly well organized, fast, complete, polite and the 2 AIrAsia ladies involved treated me very well, eventually they put me in a pre ordered transit taxi, checked that I had water and a snack and was totally comfortable. Well done.

My understanding is that AIrAsiaX has been near bankruptcy, because of restrictions and therefore not been able to restart many X flights and no doubt Dr. Tony is very keen to get these flights restarted en masse and quickly. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1