Which Health Insurance Company Takes Best Care of You?

Which Health Insurance Company Takes Best Care of You?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally would only trust a company from my home country to insure me overseas, I understand the laws and regulations and it's a lot more transparent. Tad more expensive but in the end it's cheaper to have a company pay out than not.

I used Manulife when I came to Thailand, 0 headache claims, amazing customer service (24/7), any questions I had asked, covered everything A-Z.

Albeit this was travel insurance, for health insurance if I was staying long term, I would also find a Canadian company to take care of me. Not saying Thailand companies can't be good, just my personal opinion on what I would trust. 

I think Cigna is American, I remember chatting with them, quite expensive but I wouldn't mind trusting them if I had no other choice. 

I simply see it as if I chose a Thailand company, I just don't know any recourse or how to go about getting any money if I was not covered/claims being denied. 

• Haha 1

Just don't go for Dhipaya, terrible customer service and people there who don't know how to handle things for foreigners.

I am also searching for the best Covid insurance in Thailand.

Edited by EricTh

Insurance companies are not there to take care of you.  They are there to extract maximum amounts of premiums and approve the fewest number of claims possible.  They are motivated purely by profit, nothing else. Every claim they approve reduces their profit.  They are driven to find any and every way to deny or reduce your entitled payout from a claim. Fine print experts, so good luck.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jerno said:

Insurance companies are not there to take care of you.  They are there to extract maximum amounts of premiums and approve the fewest number of claims possible.  They are motivated purely by profit, nothing else. Every claim they approve reduces their profit.  They are driven to find any and every way to deny or reduce your entitled payout from a claim. Fine print experts, so good luck.

Then there are the lucky few -- if you really want to call them that -- whose major or catastrophic claims paid for by the insurer far exceed the premiums paid in or will ever be paid in.

Think those never occur? Well I will offer as much proof of that position as you do to yours above.

Edited by jerrymahoney