Hillside 4 or Hillside 3 ?

Peckerhead

Hi All,

I'm thinking of a 6-12 month rental at either Hillside 4 or 3. 

There seems to be over 35 units for rent in Hillside 4. I've been told city side is cooler and condo walls are pretty thick, the mall below is virtually dead and current prices of units are low.

I think it is a good location for my requirements: walking distance to a lot of amenities, gym downstairs and pretty quite inside units.

I don't know much about Hillside 3.

Any thoughts or alternatives?

Please note I do not want a bike or car at this time.

Thanks

Hillside 3 is older and doesn't have a swimming pool or restaurant, though there are many restaurants in walking distance.  Studio apartments in 3 are smaller than in 4 and not as nice, but were considerably cheaper the last time I checked (many years ago).  About ten years ago I was able to get a nice 72 square meter condo on the northeast corner of Hillside 3 for about the price of a 45 square meter studio in Hillside 4.

You should look into what rooms are available and check out the local area for both condos.

• Thanks 1

The reason for the vacanies is COVID and it is the largest condo in all of Chiang Mai. 35 is not a lot.

I live there. It's a fine place to reside.  (Hillside 3 is well-located too but the traffic and noise are to be considered.)

Hillside 4 is near everything. Walk to malls and restaurants and the old city.

Good luck.

Edited by ebourquin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Despite the dismal mausoleum-feeling you get in the lobby area, and the electrical failures every time it rained, Hillside 4 was a comfortable place to live once you reached your apartment... so long as it wasn't on the west side of the building. There, you would cook in the afternoon sun, and be kept awake by the flashing Maya display lights at night. Otherwise, it's a quiet building with a nice swimming pool above and helpful parking staff below. I lived there for 10 years in a S.E. corner unit and was quite comfortable. Staff was friendly.

• Thanks 1

To everyone considering a condo, remember:

North facing is the coolest part of the building.

East facing catches the morning sun.

South facing is in the sun all day.

West facing gets direct sun during the hottest time of day.

I consider the northeast corner the best location.

You also need to consider what noise sources each side of the building faces.