The Counterfeit Market

correct

Pattaya Police Arrest Copy Vendors

The Pattaya police were informed by disturbed tourists that they spotted CDs, DVDs, and counterfeit products being sold at the Thepprasit Weekend Market, which they assumed was a violation of copyright and requested the police to investigate.

On arrival the police first found a stand selling Abercrombie shirts therefore arrested the vendor, 36 year old Natee Kiattihiran and seized 29 fake designer shirts.

Another vendor; Sukrit Sirisom, aged 23, was selling music CD copies so arrested him and seized 200 CDs.

Vendor Jiw, aged 16, was found selling DVD movie copies so the police arrested him and seized 280 DVDs. All were taken back to the station where they confessed to violating international copyright laws.

Pattaya People News

The Pattaya police were informed by disturbed tourists that they spotted CDs, DVDs, and counterfeit products being sold at the Thepprasit Weekend Market, which they assumed was a violation of copyright and requested the police to investigate.

On arrival the police first found a stand selling Abercrombie shirts therefore arrested the vendor, 36 year old Natee Kiattihiran and seized 29 fake designer shirts.

Another vendor; Sukrit Sirisom, aged 23, was selling music CD copies so arrested him and seized 200 CDs.

Vendor Jiw, aged 16, was found selling DVD movie copies so the police arrested him and seized 280 DVDs. All were taken back to the station where they confessed to violating international copyright laws.

Pattaya People News

Mr. Rosner says it is good to know that the weekend Thepprasit Market, at least music and DVD's, will now be available for sale next to the Dong Tang Police Substation. It is always comforting to know that the police are expanding their knowledge of English by watching western movies.

:D :D :D

Pattaya People News

These guys should know better. Pay the man ! It's called "the cost of doing business".

:o

OK this is the lie of the land until Libya returns i will keep pumpimg out the pattaya news, if anyone else wants to take over go for it. I am just about to go and change my sig.. for bring back Libya... you reading this old boy it's all yours............

I don't understand why the Pattaya Pol don't catch people show all the counterfeit items throughout the Beach Road (note: The P.P. Office is located on Soi 8 , just 1 min.walk to the Beach Road).

Another strange situation is Walking Street. There are a lot of people like to walk in the evening/night and everyone can see what the "shops" spotted... . What police is waiting for ? may a Farang's reports ?

Who is the master of pattaya puppets ?

I don't believe that this problem (counterfeit's markets) is in charge of small fishes....Copy vendors are the last ring of large organisations (good example is Pantip...)

Manu

Of course you can find original CDs and DVDs in Pattaya tropo. Big C and Royal Garden Plaza includes Music & Movies shops that sell original items.

Are counterfeit products a tourist attraction in Pattaya ? yes, could be but I think tourist come to visit Pattaya with or without countrfeits item vendors.

MK