COVID-19: Thailand reports 18,363 new coronavirus cases, 35 deaths, 15,651 recoveries

webfact

COV22.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Tuesday (February 22) reported 18,363 new COVID-19 cases, 15,651 recoveries and 35 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Infections outside prisons: 18,236. Prisons: 127

▶︎ Recoveries: 15,651

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,749,561 with 22,691 deaths.

The news comes as the Thai Ministry of Public Health has once again upgraded the risk of COVID-19 infection to Level 4, the second highest level, across the country, as 90% of new infections are now by the Omicron variant.

The ministry previously raised the alert to Level 4 on January 6, before dropping it to Level 3 on January 20.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update22FEB).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-22

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

Seems like they've definitely reached their self-imposed testing ceiling.

Based in my own recency bias, it feels like a lot more people are positive, a lot more people have symptoms, a lot more are staying home, and staff in retail/resto are affected. Hopefully not a lot more perish or suffer.

• Like 1

Buriram has closed all entertainment venues and restaurants with live music, a day after closing most in-person schools. Order was written the 19th but effective yesterday. This basically means "restaurants" have to close here, due to rising Covid19 cases. 

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1496043414642700291?t=iEcIYvQP6uYWYJMzE-LRKw&s=19

• Like 1

Looking at this from outside it seems like I am taken back to early 2021. Covid panic seems to still reign in Thailand while in the rest of the world it is pretty much yesterday's news and things are getting back to normal. When people a year ago and in 2020 were praising what a wonderful place Thailand was in terms of covid safety I said this would be a long project and it seems I was right. I was sure they would mess it up at some point and now it looks like Thailand is pretty far behind living in its own reality.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rabang said:

Looking at this from outside it seems like I am taken back to early 2021. Covid panic seems to still reign in Thailand while in the rest of the world it is pretty much yesterday's news and things are getting back to normal. When people a year ago and in 2020 were praising what a wonderful place Thailand was in terms of covid safety I said this would be a long project and it seems I was right. I was sure they would mess it up at some point and now it looks like Thailand is pretty far behind living in its own reality.

Hong Kong, South Korea as well as Japan are in the same boat.  Hong Kong's newest restrictions mirror the lockdown that Thailand imposed last year with no groups of more than 2 and a fine of 5k HGD for not wearing a mask.

Edited by ThailandRyan

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hong Kong, South Korea as well as Japan are in the same boat.  Hong Kong's newest restrictions mirror the lockdown that Thailand imposed last year with no groups of more than 2 and a fine of 5k HGD for not wearing a mask.

Yeah, they follow China's example over there with their zero-covid policy... Good luck with that, it seems the waves are crashing pretty hard already. But it is not a surprise that Asian countries will be the last to open up. I don't expect travel there to be convenient until next year at minimum.

As a matter of fact I was listening to a podcast with a journalis based in Hong Kong and he said international companies are having recruitment problems and expats are leaving the city in droves. Some multinational companies are considering relocation.

Edited by rabang

38 minutes ago, rabang said:

Yeah, they follow China's example over there with their zero-covid policy... Good luck with that, it seems the waves are crashing pretty hard already. But it is not a surprise that Asian countries will be the last to open up. I don't expect travel there to be convenient until next year at minimum.

As a matter of fact I was listening to a podcast with a journalis based in Hong Kong and he said international companies are having recruitment problems and expats are leaving the city in droves. Some multinational companies are considering relocation.

I have heard the same from a former work partner who is based in Hong Kong, he will be returning to the US next week and will try and work remotely based upon the inability to move around in HK and yet California is wide open with no mask wearing if your vaccinated.

Thailand reports 21,232 new COVID-19 cases, 39 deaths, 16,662 recoveries

COV23.jpg

File photo

Thailand on Wednesday (February 23) reported 21,232 new COVID-19 cases, 16,662 recoveries and 39 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1251214-thailand-reports-21232-new-covid-19-cases-39-deaths-16662-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin