Moving From Non Imm O To Retirement Permission To Stay - Documentation Required?

Hi all - I'm currently on the Non Imm O (3 month) visa and will be moving to the Retirement Permission To Stay next week after my 45 days on the Non Imm O have elapsed.

My question / clarification required is regarding the documentation IO need me to provide. My understanding is as follows:

- Passport

- Thai Bank Account showing 800k balance for last 2 months - I have this with a balance of Above 800k from mid December 2021

- TM30

I will go to my Bangkok bank on the morning at opening time and get my Saving Account entries refreshed so that it shows above 800k on the morning I go to the Chiang Mai IO. 

Is there anything else required?  Is the process completed on the same day or do I submit my documents and get told a date to come back?

Any assistance, as always, is greatly appreciated.

CB

You will need a letter from Bangkok Bank confirming your account and balance in it one the day the letter is written. Copies of your bank book main page and the pages showing the 800k baht has been the bank for 2 months or more.

Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM 6 arrival card.

You will need a completed TM7 extension application form.

The can ask for more and it varies from office to office. Not sure what additional documents might require.

Some office want a map to your your house from the nearest main road or intersection.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will need a letter from Bangkok Bank confirming your account and balance in it one the day the letter is written. Copies of your bank book main page and the pages showing the 800k baht has been the bank for 2 months or more.

The can ask for more and it varies from office to office. Not sure what additional documents might require.

Some office want a map to your your house from the nearest main road or intersection.

Thank you so so much. This answer was very very useful to me.

On 2/22/2022 at 1:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

.......and a 4x6 newly taken portrait photo.

4 minutes ago, ThailandNinja said:

.......and a 4x6 newly taken portrait photo.

That is not a usual requirement.

Can you say which office required this photo ?

Often, if an agent is doing an extension they may ask for a photos etc, to replace the usual taken at the office photo. Its a way of getting around the customer actually visiting the office. But otherwise, a 4x6 photo is not usually a requirement. 

28 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

That is not a usual requirement.

Can you say which office required this photo ?

Often, if an agent is doing an extension they may ask for a photos etc, to replace the usual taken at the office photo. Its a way of getting around the customer actually visiting the office. But otherwise, a 4x6 photo is not usually a requirement. 

You are right. My bad.

I did mix it up with the re-entry permit I did at the same time.

On 2/22/2022 at 6:36 AM, ubonjoe said:

Thanks Ubonjoe - much appreciated.

So pretty much the same documentation I have already provided to obtain the Non Imm O from the Tourist Visa (TV) apart from the TM7 extension application form. This includes the hand drawn map which I traced from Google maps!

They already have copies of these documents on my records at Chaing Mai IO. Do I really need to provide them again? I can understand the need for the updated bank letter re balance & proof of the correct transfer method etc but passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, TM6 & house map.........I know what your answer is going to be! The joys of Immigration.

I asked the question I have posed on this thread at the end of the Non Imm O process to the lovely ladies at Chaing Mai IO and was advised the 3 documents I have listed. 

Is it possible to download the TM7 extension application or can I only obtain this from IO? I dont want to turn up on the day with all of the other documents and the TM7 is asking for something I don't have with me!

CB

6 minutes ago, Carrbhoy said:

They already have copies of these documents on my records at Chaing Mai IO. Do I really need to provide them again? I can understand the need for the updated bank letter re balance & proof of the correct transfer method etc but passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, TM6 & house map.........I know what your answer is going to be!

Yes

You will not need proof the funds came for abroad for the extension applicaiont.

6 minutes ago, Carrbhoy said:

Is it possible to download the TM7 extension application or can I only obtain this from IO?

Download: Fillable TM7 form.pdf

On 2/25/2022 at 4:31 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yes

You will not need proof the funds came for abroad for the extension applicaiont.

Download: Fillable TM7 form.pdf

Just a quick thank you @ubonjoe

I went to the Chiang Mai IO today and successfully moved from the Non Imm O to Retirement 12 month permission to stay. As always, the advice provided made the process as hassle free as possible. No additional docs were requested and your master list was spot on - thank you again.

I've now moved from the Tourist via extension / Non Imm O to Retirement and saved myself a few quid in the process. If not for the excellent advice and guidance provided by yourself and @Tanoshi , I would have thrown some money at an Agent to manage it so thanks again. Your expertise and time spend on here is very much appreciated.

Stay safe.