pre-flight PCR test in Chiang Mai

damole

3 hours ago, Pond Life said:

CM Mediclinic, fast, efficient & lower cost than many.

Easy to find on google maps.

Great clinic, and I wanted to use them but my friend needed to leave urgently and CM couldn't do a same-day test on the weekend.  We ended up going to Lanna Hospital.  It was 3000 baht for 24 hours and 4500 for 3 hour results.  Had to take a number and register a patient profile in the admissions area, where nobody spoke English (at least on the weekend) and they didn't understand or care what we were there for, despite me showing them their own website advertisement.  But I realize that was our mistake for assuming it mattered, because once registered in the system you just go to the department you need (in our case, the testing clinic on the 2nd or 3rd floor) and it's a different world - sparkling clean and they all speak English.  I suspect if we just went straight there they could have saved time by helping do the registration.

BT Labs at Mai Hia Market- I think it was ~1500bt.  We got there in the morning, and a delivery bike was ready to take the test to the hospital before the lab tech finished administering it (we called the day before to let them know we were coming, though they'll do walk-ins). We had the results by lunchtime.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:14 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Got my RT-PCR test from cmmedclinic in mid Jan and it was 2800 baht.  Got swabbed at 0900 and the result was emailed at 1600.

Ditto. It's important to note that they require a booking, cannot just walk in. And closed weekends.

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Ditto. It's important to note that they require a booking, cannot just walk in. And closed weekends.

I think this is part of the reason why they charge 2800 Baht.  Also, prepay at the time of booking.  Two options for prepayment: 1) Bank Transfer 2) Pay directly at a TTB Bank.  At first it looked to be difficult but I went to a local TTB Branch and paid in cash.  I have been to Cmmedclinic for RT-PCR and they came through.  

17 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

If this is to enter usa, they accept antigen test as it is cheaper and US requires test must be done on the previous day b/f departure…

This is true but always check if the transit country has a Covid 19 test policy.  Some transit countries may not accept an Anti-gen test.  In 2021 Singapore required an RT-PCR test within 48 hours of departure just to transit