CW immigration covid ext embassy letter

Just tried to extend stay (TR visa) at CW due to covid. Officer requesting embassy letter, then will grant 30 days. Unfortunately need appt for Canadian embassy via website. Don't even know if they issue letters.

Contacted agent.. said covid ext ended jan25?? 

I have done 3 covid extensions previously without issue. Thx

Edited by RoyLee
Added detail

I don't think the Canadian embassy will issue the letter. Perhaps send a email to them asking about it.

A letter from you emassy is not normally needed now. You just complete a affidavit.

The agent was wrong. The order for them has been expended to March 25th.

What type of visa did you use to enter the country/

• Thanks 1

That affidavit already in my bundle of paperwork. 

Received email already from Canada embassy. As you said, they said they don't provide letters as the Thai government doesn't require.

As I was still at cw, went in again, armed w the email. Unfortunately got the same officer again. She escalated to another desk who told me same thing. They were not interested in email, just kept saying "need letter". I declined 7 day extension as apparently can't do any kind of visa after that. Left empty handed. 

Try another agent. Or take a vacation to a city with more friendly immigration officers and make sure the hotel you're staying at does a TM30 for you. They shouldn't be giving you any problems though since you came in on a TR visa and COVID extensions were extended until March 25.

• Like 1