Passport Just Renewed & O-Retirement Visa Renewal Due in 10 Days

I just received my renewed passport in the mail this week and my annual O Visa (retirement) renewal is due in two weeks.  Also, my 90-day date is in about 12 days. I was going to do transfer, renewal and 90 day this week but forgot the Bangkok Bank five-day lead time to get the 12-month deposit letter sent from Bangkok.

Can I just wait to have visa transferred to new passport at the same time as I do the visa renewal in 5-6 days in order to save a trip?   Or is there a penalty for not transferring visa to new passport as soon as it is received?

22 minutes ago, ThirdRock said:

Or is there a penalty for not transferring visa to new passport as soon as it is received?

No penalty or requirement to do it within certain period.

You could have stamps and visa information transferred at same visit to immigration for  your extension. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Am I correct assuming this is on!y needed if using the monthly income method and not B800,000 in bank method? 

Seems as though he is using "income method" 

You highlighted the OP comment 

...."12-month deposit letter sent from Bangkok"

I assume that he means 12 months of bank statements. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

Me too. And these 12 months of statements is only needed for "income method"...yes? 

Apparently some reports of statements being required at various offices even using money in bank method for extensions retirement.

Statements certainly not required at most offices using money in bank method. CW just one example.

Sadly again the usual answer.....

"Depends on the immigration office" 

You just have to laugh at the various rules for each office. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Apparently some reports of statements being required at various offices even using money in bank method for extensions retirement.

Statements certainly not required at most offices using money in bank method. CW just one example.

Sadly again the usual answer.....

"Depends on the immigration office" 

You just have to laugh at the various rules for each office. 

Agreed. They are consistent in one area...inconsistency!

I don't think Jomtien require this for money in bank method. Do you happen know? Thx.

Edited by Skeptic7

For several years I have used the monthly transfer of  65,000 THB or more.  Bangkok Bank (Beach Road) requires 5-days to get the information from the main office, which I've never understood since it is all computerized, and they then produce the letter for IO showing the 12 monthly deposits, and the letter showing your current balance and that it is your account.  So you end up with dozens of pages including every transaction for the year that just gets tossed.

And par for the course, it has been six days since I requested the info with a 5-day turnaround, my visa expiration is tomorrow and no idea whether I'll have the letter on time.

I always renew a week or two early, but just screwed up this year and the bank is taking longer. 

Is there a penalty for being a day or two late in renewing?

35 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

So a Retirement Extension can be done late??? Just pay the B500/day fine and renew as usual? Is this really so? Or am I totally misunderstanding something here?

A few days late is not a problem. Immigration understands that sometimes things can happen to prevent a person doing it on time. I aware of immigration telling people to do it late to get some missing documents needed.

• Like 1