What do you need in amenties to retire?

georgegeorgia

On 3/3/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mike Teavee said:

OP I think you'll find the price of rent in the PI to be more expensive than Thailand, especially around the Makati/Taguig/BGC areas. 

I rented a 1br studio near University of Mindanao (Davao City) for my Ex-GF &  it was 25,000 PHP (Approx 16,000 THB), a studio in a ladies only boarding place near GMall was 20,000 (approx 14,000 THB). 

I do prefer the Southern Philippine Islands (Visayas) though, if I were to move there it would probably be Davao, Cebu or Bahol, Palawan is a tourist spot so would expect it to be more expensive.  If I were on your budget, I'd probably choose Tagum (about 1.5 hrs north of Davao City, I used to have a house about 20 minutes further up in Kapalong & it was the closest "Town") or somewhere like  Cagayan De Oro which I've heard is popular with Expats.

I wouldn't worry about the lack of "Visible" P4P anywhere in Philipines, it's easy enough to find a willing partner whether it's paid for or longerterm (& so more expensive ????

Still say Pattaya is cheaper than anywhere but the boonies in Philippines, Udon Thani even more so... 

I like Davao too (but not many bars)  but I think Cebu is nicer overall. However when I was last in Cebu many of the bars I used to go to were shut down so I got lazy and went to Angeles and Subic for my fun.

On 2/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, georgegeorgia said:

2. pay4play whether that be bars or streetwalkers

On 2/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, georgegeorgia said:

5.financial ....cheap place with good life

cotton is down to a quarter a pound and I'm busted.... 

I got a cow that went dry, a hen that won't lay

A big stack of bills that gets bigger each day

county is going to haul my belongings away

and i'm busted... 

• Confused 1