Government set to achieve mine-free status in three years.

geovalin

Under a National Mine Action Strategy 2018-2025, the government is all set to achieve a mine-free Cambodia to the fullest extent possible in another three years. CMAC director-general Heng Ratana said the Kingdom has another 794 square kilometres of landmines and explosive remnants of war, including an additional 1,240 square kilometres of cluster munitions to be cleared.

UXOS-2.jpg

He said they were now identifying the areas with cluster munitions and mine fields in cities and provinces. He added that according to their research and report, the cluster munitions dropped by the United States on Cambodian territory since 1970 were approximately three million tonnes.

UXOS-3.jpg

He said the government is committed to solve the problems caused by mines and cluster munitions and explosive remnants of war by properly implementing the Sustainable Development Goals of Cambodia 2016-2030, National Strategic Development Plan 2019-2023, the Phase IV of the government’s Rectangular Strategy 2018-2023; and National Strategic Plan for Mine Action 2018-2025.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501032089/government-set-to-achieve-mine-free-status-in-three-years/