House Contacts And Tax

I am building a house in Samui at the moment the land is on a thirty year lease from my girlfriend :o registered at the land office and paid 30 years+tax on a chanote title.The house is being built with a construction permit with myself as the owner. My question is i have to pay 7% VAT tax on the build for materials ect is there any other tax i am required to pay by Thai law ? Also i am planning to get a supeficies contract written to seperate the house( so the building is freehold) from the land and allow me to transfer by the way of inheritance does anyone have experience in drafting one of these contacts ? Do this contract also get registered at the land office on the Chanote along with the lease contract ? and can it be done after registering the lease ?

I am building a house in Samui at the moment the land is on a thirty year lease from my girlfriend :o registered at the land office and paid 30 years+tax on a chanote title.The house is being built with a construction permit with myself as the owner. My question is i have to pay 7% VAT tax on the build for materials ect is there any other tax i am required to pay by Thai law ? Also i am planning to get a supeficies contract written to seperate the house( so the building is freehold) from the land and allow me to transfer by the way of inheritance does anyone have experience in drafting one of these contacts ? Do this contract also get registered at the land office on the Chanote along with the lease contract ? and can it be done after registering the lease ?

My vague understanding is that in having the house built under your name and presumably with the building permit under your name as well, the house can be registered with the land department as yours. Therefore you do not need to have an extra contract to protect your ability to transfer by way of inheritance. Have your Thai friend/lawyer (NOT your gf) to check with the land department on the procedures? Alternatively, go there yourself in case you may meet someone at the land office who might be able to speak English.