METV and COVID Insurance

Greetings. I am applying for an METV, hoping to enter Thailand in late March. In applying for COVID insurance I'm finding that I can't find a policy that will cover me for the 158 days may be in Thailand.

Is it necessary that the coverage be for that entire length off time? If so. Is anyone aware of how to secure such coverage?

Thank you.

Thanks all for your help and links. Sadly, my question is not yet addressed. I am applying for an METV (multiple entry Thai visa). The duration of the visa is up to 180 days. The length of stay for my planned trip is 150 days (April 4 - Augustl 31). No policy I have found offers more than 7/15/30/60/90 days coverage. When asked for a departure date I cannot select a date beyond 90 days.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Look at this one for example:

https://www.lumahealth.com/travel-insurance/covid-insurance/

It covers till 365 days

There's so many insurance companies out there!

Or this one: https://www.tuneprotect.com/airasia/ipass/index.php

Or https://www.acs-ami.com/en/travel-insurance/globe-traveller/

etc etc

If you really don't know what to do, just ask a broker, I've seen on this forum that AA Insurance Broker is often mentioned as a good one.

Regards,

2 hours ago, pub2022 said:

...If you really don't know what to do, just ask a broker, I've seen on this forum that AA Insurance Broker is often mentioned as a good one.

Regards,

Thanks pub2022. I was certainly looking in the wrong place. Now to wait for the servers for Tune/Luna to come back up.

Cheers

On 3/4/2022 at 3:23 AM, ChristianBlessing said:

Is it necessary that the coverage be for that entire length off time?

Happy to be shot down here.

I would obtain covid insurance for 60 days. As far as your length of stay, I would put 60 days.

When you arrive with your METV you will be stamped in for 60 days. 

On 3/4/2022 at 3:23 AM, ChristianBlessing said:

Is it necessary that the coverage be for that entire length off time? If so. Is anyone aware of how to secure such coverage?

You do not need insurance for the length of time your METV is valid (6 months for the day it issued). It only needs to be valid for the 60 day length of stay the visa allows.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. I did decide to take a Tune Protect travel policy which includes COVID cover. I considered a COVID-only policy for 60 days, but as I also planned to purchase a standard travel insurance policy for the duration of my stay, it seemed to make sense to get both with one insurer.