90 day reporting and end of ext date

I'm on my 9th visa ext and up until now I have not seen any link between the end of visa ext date and 90 day reporting date, until now. I'm due to submit my new ext on the 10th Mar, with the visa ext ending on the 17th. Mar, my 90 day reporting is due the 7th and as I was in the area I decided to get it updated for the visa ext on the 10th. To my surprise they extended it until the 17th Mar saying they could not go past the visa ext end date. So now when I put my visa in on the 10th and I get the "under consideration" stamp I have to get a new report for 30 days, and a further report when I pick up my visa for 90 days. My immigration office in Prachinburi.

I see no value to this process.    

There is really no linkage between 90 day reporting and the day your extension of stay (it is not a visa) ends.

Apparently your office has made up their own rules.

I assume they will do a 90 day report when you apply for your extension dated 90 days from the day your current one ends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is really no linkage between 90 day reporting and the day your extension of stay (it is not a visa) ends.

I assume they will do a 90 day report when you apply for your extension dated 90 days from the day your current one ends.

Indeed, I think there is a new boss in the office, with new ideas. 

I'm not sure if they will give me the full 90 days, because I will be under consideration for 30 days, and they may well view it as the possible end date of my visa ext if I'm not successful, although normally if they accept my new visa application it normally is ok.     

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends on your immigration office. Udon has linked the 90 day report to the extension period for quite sometime, here is evidence of a 10 day report back “90 day report”

5AA0782F-AD76-42FB-8FFC-9102255E671C.jpeg.bac8aa14b2d5820128d349ea161cf1f2.jpeg

So since you have to report in person to get a 90 day report to extend beyond the extension date,

and you can’t do a report more than 15 days prior to the report date,

and to get the report to extend beyond the extension end date you must have applied for your extension.

and you need to remember to go to the report desk your self.

This effectively means that an application for a marriage extension more than 15 days early is counterproductive unless you live close to immigration. 

all the above is specific to Udon, though possibly even there, there maybe exceptions 

remember TIT YMMV

Edited by sometimewoodworker

12 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It depends on your immigration office. Udon has linked the 90 day report to the extension period for quite sometime, here is evidence of a 10 day report back “90 day report”

Are they still doing it that way.

That receipt was done 2 years ago.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Are they still doing it that way.

That receipt was done 2 years ago.

Yes the are, it was the same last year but the interval wasn’t so ridiculous (about 20 days) so I didn’t bother with that one

my next report will be about 28 days prior to my extension finish, if there is a change and I remember I will report that.

AD66E410-4B9A-412E-BB92-009602BBD0C7.jpeg.09b424fe4c13023db4cce368e1cefc3b.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

I had the same problem when i did a 90 day report for the first time with the new online registration. They gave me only till  expiration date of my visa. After that i did a new 90 day report walk in at Chiang Mai Immigration and they gave me the correct 90 days with a stamp on it saying when my visa expires.