Interest rates / CD?

i gave up on storing $$ in cd's and savings accounts as interest just not attractive...for two years i have parked $$ in bask bank where you get one american advantage mile for every $1 annually....so 100 k usd will get you 100 k points/miles per year ...american has great partners so easy to get to/from Thailand on JAL and others.  I would rather get the miles than a few dollars of interest income.   all FDIC insurance and no long term commitments.   Very low value reported to IRS as well.        https://www.baskbank.com/    

• Like 1

LAND AND HOUSE BANK 1.70% fixed over 36months,interest paid monthly less tax at 15% into to a normal savings acc. witheld tax can be reclaimed every yr.i have been with them for over 10yrs.

• Like 2

Thanks for those replies, I will look into those banks..............., yes interest rates are dismall around the globe it appears, but I didn't expect much. Just need to park it somewhere half way safe for visa requirments.

2 hours ago, wannascuba said:

Thanks for those replies, I will look into those banks..............., yes interest rates are dismall around the globe it appears, but I didn't expect much. Just need to park it somewhere half way safe for visa requirments.

one to consider,i have had my ext.800k.plus in a fixed acc.and has never been touched in 10yrs.with LH.the letter for ext.has always been correct and has always been excepted by immigration,but these past 2yrs i have had a bellyfull of immigration police volunteers.who check all your paperwork and  who dont  how a fixed acc.works so i have plonked a sum in a savings acc.where the passbook can be updated on the day i do my ext.

you cant have a card of any type or an ATM.card with a fixed acc.to draw money out you have to go to the bank in person,but you will have the interest % re=calcalated.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, whiteman said:
12 Months

2.10% p.a.

2.10% p.a.
18 Months

2.30% p.a.

2.30% p.a.

ASB in New Zealand 

this is thailand,an account for to cover immigration MUST BE DEPOSITED IN A THAI BANK,