Big Incoming Deposit

Hi, I am expecting a deposit next week of 500k to my Thai Kbank account. An outstanding loan being repaid but the bloke who owes me it says it is coming collectively from several Thai accounts. Do I need to be concerned about the bank contacting me and asking me questions or not?

If i was you i didnt worry about the amount.I would worry if the bloke lie about paying back.

When i lived in Surin some years ago i learned my lessons.Some "friends"borrow money and said maximium a week.It took more then a year.I even borrow to a friend who had a restaurant so they could pay salary to he employees.Promise 5 days that went into 4 monhs.The typical is first excuses that pension not arrived yet and etc etc.I had to take a step and contacted a loan shark who offer them i loan for a month with a not wery high interestrate.Things went well.I get my money next day and they manage to pay back the thai-chinese as agreed.So im careful.I had some problems in april last year because my VISAcards was jeected everywhere,even my creditcards from my country.I couldnt paymy hotel etc etc.I contaced my embassy in BKK and explained because i wanted to go back my home country.They said hey have rules for emergency founds/help.I accepted that and fill out the application.The next day new meet with the concoular where she explained the rules for me.

She was wery kind and helpful,and its up to her if you ge help or not.I went back to my hotel and explaind(in thai)whats going on.The manager told me i could stay 1 month more on credit.Room and food in advance.My embassy called everyday ask how im doing.Afder 3 days the concul called me and said she could not decide my apply so she had send it to ministry of foreignen affairs in my country

Took only 1 day more before the embassy called and said it was approved.I went there next morning.Get my prepaid bookings thru he emabassy.Get some papers i had to sign and 29000 bath cash so i could pay the hotel and a PCR-test and they payd taxi t/r for testing,they pay the PCR-test

They even paid transpor to suwarnaphom.I went back to my hotel..payd my bills and everyhih ok.

Long story,I was 1 one 3 who the embassy helped in 2021.Im wery thankful.But as another person told...come with nice clothes..speak slowly and be sober.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Edward Abbott said:

No, 500k THB. You're welcome (for allowing me to massage your ego).

I once closed an SCB savings account with a 2M baht balance. Since the daily transfer limit was 50,000 baht or so, I opted to just get the two million baht in cash, then went to Krungthai and made a 2M cash deposit. Nobody asked any questions!

Seems they are quite lax about this stuff in Thailand! Only money in and out of the country trigger their system, but even there, 500K is below their threshold (for incoming).

• Like 2