internet service 3BB or AIS

Mavideol

Have 3 BB fiber service 1 GB down and 500 Up at 690 month for the past 3 years, service is not good as it's never to the speed they claim it to be, also many shut downs that take many hours without service.

Just received their invoice to keep the service up at the same price if I renew for another year and renew 1 month prior to the expire date.

How is the AIS fiber service and what's their price as visited their website and it's a little confusing for my taste. If anyone has their service appreciate the feed back

Thanks

IMO It is a difficult question to answer, because the answer depends on where you are located and the infustracture servicing your area. 

Here in Khon Kaen I have had 3bb for over five years without a hiccup, in a different town or even a neighborhood it could be a totally different  story. 

So I Suggest you ask the question at your local subforum or FB group for better advice. 

• Thanks 1

We have a lot of customers with 3BB and AIS. Some have both. Both ISPs provide good internet service, and tech support and service. Both have similar service outages,

Personally I would raise a service ticket with 3BB, and request a new free latest router. I would not pay in advance. 

I'd also talk to neighbors to see what service they have, and if they are satisfied.

AIS has a Broadband 24 package which can be user-adjusted, UL/DL, to 1,000/300 for 599/ month.

They may have other deals. Contact them, tell them you'd like to switch, and that you want a promotion. Are you an AIS mobile customer?

Long-time customer report AIS will make decent deals these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, muratremix said:

Maybe try AIS BYOD? 399 baht for 500/500 but can be configured as 1000/300

This is a relatively new option, but does have some unique terms and conditions.

Make sure you review those first.

• Like 1

I live in the south Chumphon provence, 3bb is overall very good, I pay 700 a month + tax so 740 in total. We did have a slow service for a while, went to 3bb and they looked at my account and told me that I have an old router, next day they were out installing a new one. Back up to speed now.

I would never pay a year in advance for anything in Thailand, month by month is better, costs no more and you can change when you want

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I can download a 2 GB movie in less than 2 minutes with 3BB, 1MB down, 500 up. I often get speeds of 50 MBs down.

The size of the movie may be 2 GB (bytes), but the download speed will be 1Mb (bit) per second.

One BYTE = 8 BITS, so a 2GB movie will be 16Gbits., and I cannot see that downloading in 2 minutes.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Easy, if there are enough seeders.

Believe it's 1 Gbps down.

Yes, just downloaded a 2 GB(yte) youtube video (about one hour  in 1080p) with WinX Youtube downloader.

Total 1:58 min.

The download as such took about 1 min (rates of 350 to 450 kBit/s, less than half of line speed).

The rest of time is needed to merge video and audio.

Much due to my creeping slow harddisk.

All with 3BB 1000/500.

Of course not all sources will download with such speeds as youtube (Google).

6 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

My mistake, yeah obviously it is 1GB down and 500MBs or so up.

Do we need to nitpick over the details, Duh.....

Yes we do otherwise others will get confused as you are.

It is 1 Gb /500Mb. Note small b = BIT, not BYTE.

Internet SPEEDS are in BITS, data volumes/disk space is usually in BYTES. I know it is not logical, but that's how it is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes, just downloaded a 2 GB(yte) youtube video (about one hour  in 1080p) with WinX Youtube downloader.

Total 1:58 min.

The download as such took about 1 min (rates of 350 to 450 kBit/s, less than half of line speed).

The rest of time is needed to merge video and audio.

Much due to my creeping slow harddisk.

All with 3BB 1000/500.

Of course not all sources will download with such speeds as youtube (Google).

How can a 2GB = 16Gbit movie download at say 400Kb/sec in one minute please?

I think you mean 350-450 Mb speed.

• Sad 1

Maybe the OP has problems with his local infrastructure rather than ISP.

i always found 3BB to be good, if everything is good - the moment it’s not they aren’t helpful, but the always pickup the phone and it’s the same helpline crew that have been there for years. If you find a good local tech, then keep him sweet and you will always have a good number to call.

I struggled to find a good 3BB tech when I moved house, and looked to sign up with AIS, whenever I called the queue system callback never worked. The cellphone help desk would pick up the phone and assure me someone would call back, which they never did. One time, I was riding the bike on a dangerous road, I asked the sales girl to call me back in 15 mins, she asked if I could call back the helpline and organise another callback .. I wasn’t pleased with that. 
When I finally got a callback I asked about the hardware, she advised me to take some wifi6 mesh system, I already have a unifi system and just needed an ONT - she said it was dependent upon my area, she would enquire and call back - I’m still waiting.

6 hours ago, muratremix said:

Maybe try AIS BYOD? 399 baht for 500/500 but can be configured as 1000/300

that's a great idea and would fit my needs, how can I configure as 1000/300 can you please explain

thanks

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

My mistake, yeah obviously it is 1GB down and 500MBs or so up.

Do we need to nitpick over the details, Duh.....

actually yes we do. I didn't know the difference between megabits and megabytes until a mate pointed it out to me and now I'm the wiser for it.  Mbps and MBps are not same same!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

We have a lot of customers with 3BB and AIS. Some have both. Both ISPs provide good internet service, and tech support and service. Both have similar service outages,

Personally I would raise a service ticket with 3BB, and request a new free latest router. I would not pay in advance. 

I'd also talk to neighbors to see what service they have, and if they are satisfied.

AIS has a Broadband 24 package which can be user-adjusted, UL/DL, to 1,000/300 for 599/ month.

They may have other deals. Contact them, tell them you'd like to switch, and that you want a promotion. Are you an AIS mobile customer?

Long-time customer report AIS will make decent deals these days.

Not AIS customer and was looking at their package BYOD 1000/500 for 599 month, didn't saw the 1000/300  but they do have 500/300 for 399 month. Majority of my neighbors swear by AIS as they have great speed and tech support

I currently have the 3BB fiber running to my apartment, when I signed with them they had a promo of supplying 500 meters of cable free and for me to run from street to my place, AIS doesn't have that and they may have to run their own line and may charge me an arm and a leg for it, that's my dilemma  as they also say that I have top have my own router as they only supply their LAN connector, any Wifi is my/will be my doing.

I do have the latest Wifi 6 router from 3BB but really not a change in service, on the contrary, when they came to change it they had to exchange 3 times a new machine as they kept stopping work after a couple hours, finally they found the correct one but was disappointing (made in China router specifically for 3BB)

I have been trying to negotiate free installation and free router, still waiting for their answer, I need 1,000 down for my IPTV but 300 up would be ok and there is a post saying that I could configure at my needs, hope that's correct

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

This is a relatively new option, but does have some unique terms and conditions.

Make sure you review those first.

where can I check that out as couldn't find anything on their site or maybe I overlooked, would like to know the T&C

5 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

I live in the south Chumphon provence, 3bb is overall very good, I pay 700 a month + tax so 740 in total. We did have a slow service for a while, went to 3bb and they looked at my account and told me that I have an old router, next day they were out installing a new one. Back up to speed now.

I would never pay a year in advance for anything in Thailand, month by month is better, costs no more and you can change when you want

as you, I am in the south and had the same problem with the router, took them 3 times  to fix it and 3 new machines and still slow and never up to 1000, the higher it goes it's around 590-670 with a LAN connection, Wifi with my Pixel 6 gos up to 570 but that's it, never 1000 or even 800-900

Paying 1 year in advance you get a 1 month discount/free

16 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Not AIS customer and was looking at their package BYOD 1000/500 for 599 month, didn't saw the 1000/300  but they do have 500/300 for 399 month. Majority of my neighbors swear by AIS as they have great speed and tech support

I currently have the 3BB fiber running to my apartment, when I signed with them they had a promo of supplying 500 meters of cable free and for me to run from street to my place, AIS doesn't have that and they may have to run their own line and may charge me an arm and a leg for it, that's my dilemma  as they also say that I have top have my own router as they only supply their LAN connector, any Wifi is my/will be my doing.

I do have the latest Wifi 6 router from 3BB but really not a change in service, on the contrary, when they came to change it they had to exchange 3 times a new machine as they kept stopping work after a couple hours, finally they found the correct one but was disappointing (made in China router specifically for 3BB)

I have been trying to negotiate free installation and free router, still waiting for their answer, I need 1,000 down for my IPTV but 300 up would be ok and there is a post saying that I could configure at my needs, hope that's correct

Most routers, and much consumer electronics are made in China these days.

You only need 30 Mb/s to get HD quality IPTV.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

as you, I am in the south and had the same problem with the router, took them 3 times  to fix it and 3 new machines and still slow and never up to 1000, the higher it goes it's around 590-670 with a LAN connection, Wifi with my Pixel 6 gos up to 570 but that's it, never 1000 or even 800-900

Not the router then? Problem somewhere else. Depends on where you live and how far from the Network centralizer. The speed of your connection also depends on the distance between your terminal device and the network centralizer. The further you live from the operator's broadband centralizer, the more it affects the speed of your connection. Did not know there is a month discount if paid one year in advance, I will still stay with monthly as it allows me to move if ever I choose to do so, saying that have been with them 5 years lol

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that's a great idea and would fit my needs, how can I configure as 1000/300 can you please explain

Web interface: myaisfibre.com

Change Internet Speed

where can I check that out as couldn't find anything on their site or maybe I overlooked, would like to know the T&C

https://www.ais.th/fibre/en/package_byodbroadband.html

click on Terms and Conditions.

Meh. And no leverage. No portability. Huge mistake IMO.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Most routers, and much consumer electronics are made in China these days.

You only need 30 Mb/s to get HD quality IPTV.

I had 500 Mb before and IPTV not stable too much buffering, switched to 1000 and it stabilized

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Web interface: myaisfibre.com

Change Internet Speed

https://www.ais.th/fibre/en/package_byodbroadband.html

click on Terms and Conditions.

Meh. And no leverage. No portability. Huge mistake IMO.

can I do a speed boost for all day or it has to be done every minute/hour