Images Of Samui, Phangan And Tao

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had missed this thread somehow... guess we had better start reriving it! There are some nice pictures here...

Matt, ! have Canon 75 -300 & 18-55

I see those Irish eyes are following me, here :) What camera do you have Irish eyes?

Thought I would add a picture of the Secret Water Falls, in Maenam... (up Soi 5) they are pretty well dried up at the moment, though.

post-85461-1271518684_thumb.jpg

Edited by samuijimmy

Had missed this thread somehow... guess we had better start reriving it! There are some nice pictures here...

I see those Irish eyes are following me, here :) What camera do you have Irish eyes?

Thought I would add a picture of the Secret Water Falls, in Maenam... (up Soi 5) they are pretty well dried up at the moment, though.

Nice lenses!...

75-300! Wow!

I have an EF-S 15-85mm and a 50mm 1.4 for portraits (which is about 85mm on crop-frame)

Matt.

Hi Jimmy.... yes just keeping a eye on the interest we are getting and the no that we can expect to turn up...:D

I was a bit of a camera addict... trying to keep up when I was doing some underwater stuff... so I have two Nikon d200's one was a backup to my sea and sea housing. I have a Nikon D2x which I never used much ... and a converted Nikon D50 to infrared.... all of which have been sitting under the stairs for the last year till I recently started to move my arse and think about using them again. !

What about you Jimmy ? i would like some ideas how we should take this " club thing " forward... do you have any suggestions.. ?

Well, Irisheyes & the rest of those who have shown interest in doing this "Camera Club" thing. Seems there are people from all areas of the island...

We know Matt works day & night, :D & you have a pub, (Guinness on tap? I assume? ) :D I'm a retired old F-rt... so my time is reasonably "open" :D

The others have not responded as to when or if they work... but think are waiting to see how this progresses with interest...

My feeling is let's get it started, & use the KISS principal :D & see where it goes...

I don't think any of us want it to be totally serious, as long as we can learn from each other & let's have some fun doing it... Perhaps set up different meeting spots... each week or two weeks? & go from there...

It's so blessed hot at the moment, ... walking up in them there hills can be a bit cooler... sometimes... Or perhaps start with indoor shots, in the air conditioned atmoshere of a pub? ... Your shout?

So the rest following this thread, & have shown interest, perhaps you could indicate a day that is better... Saturday? Sunday? or week day... ???

Time to get off the POT guys! :)

Jim

Edited by samuijimmy

Hi Jim... ok was waiting to see if there was any further responses.... my friend has to go BK tomorrw and back Monday I have a visa run on tuesday so if we can say a day the end of next week that suits we will make a start.

I think your right that it would only be fair that we change the venue for meeting and share the travelling I only suggested my place as a starting point.

We can talk about these things on are first meeting.

Hope to see you soon

Eric

I think enough to get us going... it can always grow... & maybe not every one can make every session....

So let's start at your place... Is that OK with everyone? Shall we say Friday next week????

Now need the others to come out the woodwork, again... although I think this hot spell is sending everyone under cover! :)

Jim

(I'll PM you)

Ok ..the time has come... tomorrow night 5pm at Mynt Lounge. Lamai. I hope all that suggested that they were interested come aong and that the time suits.

the location of Mynt bar is on the main Lamai beach road ...as you drive along from the Chawang entrance ..go past McDonalds on your right... then you come to The Outback bar at the T-junction.. go straight on till you come to big sign says " Samui Sense Hotel " on your right and " Full Moon house Hotel " on your left...Mynt is 10yds down on right.

If I was able to confirm numbers I would supply free sandwiches and even a beer ! :)

Am raging I'm gonna miss this, based in Phangan but gonna be in Lamai tomorrow. Ah well next time maybe.

Great idea btw to put a wee club together, if you guys need any help drop me a line.

I'm a paddy just moved over here. Web developer for a long time and now trying my hand at photog.

Here mostly for some chill time but obviously brought the cameras along for the journey.

KP

www.keithpoynton.com Some of my work

Ok ..the time has come... tomorrow night 5pm at Mynt Lounge. Lamai. I hope all that suggested that they were interested come aong and that the time suits.

the location of Mynt bar is on the main Lamai beach road ...as you drive along from the Chawang entrance ..go past McDonalds on your right... then you come to The Outback bar at the T-junction.. go straight on till you come to big sign says " Samui Sense Hotel " on your right and " Full Moon house Hotel " on your left...Mynt is 10yds down on right.

If I was able to confirm numbers I would supply free sandwiches and even a beer ! :)

Camera Club !

Well, we had a meeting of four, in Lamai this evening... We need to grow!!! ... so don't worry Keithy & any others out there who might be interested

There are two others interested who could not make it this evening.

Next Meeting Friday May 14th at Mynt Lounge. Lamai.... at 6 PM

The Theme to kick this this off is 5 images of "Typical of the Islands" Samui KP (or KT just in case anyone there interested) So that's pretty wide open... what is typical of the Islands to you?

Images must be taken between now & the 14th & bring along on USB backup or CD & we'll review every ones efforts.... So your best shots please!

The plan in the future will be to head out & do "location shots" , perhaps every two weeks, so we can learn from each other.

Anyone who is interested in joining can PM me.

I guess I volunteered as secretary... :)

Am raging I'm gonna miss this, based in Phangan but gonna be in Lamai tomorrow. Ah well next time maybe.

Great idea btw to put a wee club together, if you guys need any help drop me a line.

I'm a paddy just moved over here. Web developer for a long time and now trying my hand at photog.

Here mostly for some chill time but obviously brought the cameras along for the journey.

KP

www.keithpoynton.com Some of my work

)

Well, Keithy, I think you will be a very welcome addition, I just looked at your website, some pretty amazing shots, especially the fire shots....

Not sure if we can deal with 2.5 paddys though! :D

I'd suggest you drop by if you are in Lamai tomorrow, & meet Irisheyes... PM him and ask for his phone number....

There is another person on KP interested too, so you might want to make contact & look at at having a Club there, as well... then we can see who can make the best shots! :)

Jim

I just sent you a PM ... check the right top corner of your screen & look for messages.

Edited by samuijimmy

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder Notice !!!!

Next Camera Club Meeting this Friday, May 14 th... 6 PM

The location of Mynt bar is on the main Lamai beach road ...as you drive along from the Chawang entrance ..go past McDonalds on your right... then you come to The Outback bar at the T-junction.. go straight on till you come to big sign says " Samui Sense Hotel " on your right and " Full Moon house Hotel " on your left...Mynt is 10yds down on right.

Please PM me if you are new & want to attend... just so we can have an idea![/b]

5 of your best shots taken recently of "Typical of the Islands" .... bring them along! :)

Edited by samuijimmy

Might be a good idea since there aren't any photos on this thread anymore, eh?

One Kan only wonder why 'sbk' since 'The Vulcan' left the island long ago and 'Mark W' got what was coming to him. As for me I only have some old photos of Koh Samui

large.jpg

Sawadee :)

• Like 1

This thread KW, is not only for professionals either, as some of the others used to treat it. It is simply for anyone to post their pics of the island.

• Like 1

I also think this thread should be cleaned out. All the OP's pictures are gone,some of the other members deleted their links or uploads.All we can see now are posts that make no sense.

I have gone through & cleaned it out.

The last fisherman...

post-9505-1273824101_thumb.jpg

Nice balance Jose!

Well, this shot was chosen by our judge as the best...at tonight's Camera Club meeting! :D ... (taken by me! :) ) I thought others were better... I will post others soon... & let visitors to this site be the judge.

This was taken at the Secret Waterfalls Maenam.

We need more members, so come on & come join the group... ! :D

post-85461-1273851707_thumb.jpg